Deluxe Pecan Pie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Raine

Executive Chef
Deluxe Pecan Pie

deluxepecanpie.jpg

1 stick or 1/2 packet Betty Crocker pie crust mix
2 tablespoons chopped nuts
3 eggs
1 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1/2 cup dark corn syrup
1/2 cup whipping cream
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup brandy
1 cup pecan halves

Preparation Tips:

Heat oven to 375 degrees. Prepare pastry for 9 inch One-crust Pie as directed on package except - stir in chopped nuts before adding water. In small mixer bowl, beat eggs, sugar, salt, butter, syrup and cream. Stir in vanilla, brandy and pecans.

Pour into pastry-lined pie pan. Bake 40 to 50 minutes or until filling is set and pastry is golden brown. Cool. 10 to 12 servings.

Pecan pie filling

Hi quick question...I just made my first pecan pie yesterday using a similar recipe but my filling rose to the top....so when you cut into it it was filling on bottom then bottom crust then pecans. My M-I-L had the same problem...any ideas?
Thanks

Pecan pie

Sure Andy,
Here it is
Amy
Southern Pecan Pie

• 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1/4 cup butter (softened)
  • 1 cup corn syrup (Karo brand is common in the south)
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp vanilla flavoring or extract
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 to 1 1/2 cups pecans
  • 1 9-inch pie shell (deep dish is a good idea)
Directions:
Cream the sugar and butter well in a medium sized mixing bowl.
Add syrup, salt, and vanilla. Mix again.
Add eggs one at a time and mix after each.
Stir in pecans (or you can place them on top if you want).
Pour mixture into pie crust. Do not bake the pie crust first for this one.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Bake for 45 minutes.

Hi Amy,

The pecan pie you've made is how its suppose to turns out, whether its homemade or store bought. I tried 1 recipe that creams the butter and sugar together then adding the rest of the ingredients. The results to the filling was pretty similar with the exception that the top had a crunchy meringue-like sweet nutty crust after baking. Another one was to boil the sugar, syrup and butter together before mixing in the rest of the ingredients and the result were the same as the one off the Karo syrup bottle/the one you made. I guess the pecans are lighter in weight than the egg mixture and therefore rises to the top. If you want more nuts incorporated, then I would definitely rough chop enough pecans to loosely fill the pie pan then pour in the liquid mixture and then top it off with the fancy halves. Another thought which would be in my mind a pain to do is to probably coat the pecans in butter then flour for weight or just coat them in flour. Understand I haven't tried it either of these methods because my family just likes the pecan pie the way it is.

Back
Top Bottom