Desert Snow

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

norgeskog

Washing Up
My sister-in-law just called me. She has 14 inches of show this morning and it is still snowing and will until about 7PM tonight. She lives in Yucca Valley which is the high desert in southern California, overlooking Palm Springs. THird time it has snowed there in 20 years. I have seen the snow there and it is awesome on the yucca and joshua cactus. She is now busily throwing bird seed around and making that red stuff for the birds to eat, and putting food on her patio for the other small guys to eat. None of the nature there knows what to do with the snow. I hope she is able to save some of them from freezing.

Leaf Storm said:
Sounds wonderful. I love the snow :)

Me too Leaf STorm, I am so jealous. I am waiting for the snow here in Eugene. It was cold enough last night, 29 wind chill, today the high is 37. I can dream and hope. You are in England, correct, so I guess you will have that wonderful powery stuff soon.

Yes, but it doesnt actually snow very much here :( Well, at least not in London. The northen part it does snow!

It's been 36 - 37 F ish for the last few days. I too am hoping and praying for snow! It snowed a couple of years ago but it only lasted a few days.

Leaf Storm said:
Yes, but it doesnt actually snow very much here :( Well, at least not in London. The northen part it does snow!

It's been 36 - 37 F ish for the last few days. I too am hoping and praying for snow! It snowed a couple of years ago but it only lasted a few days.

We both can hope that the show floats across the pond from London to Eugene OR. BTW my cousins daughter lives in London, her husband is a banker there. I have been there once and thought it was a wonderful city. WHen I next travel to Norway, I may stay a day or so in London as I usually fly British Airways to London then SAS to Oslo. BA is a wonderful airline and they have better food and movies to occupy your 12 hours of the trip.

Glad you enjoyed your stay here :)

Next time you are over let me know and I'll tell you about the interesting places to go see in your few days here! There are many great things off the beaten track :)

mudbug said:
noregeskog, I wanna see a picture of snow on a cactus. Call your SIL back and tell her to capture that for us!

She said she would send me some pictures, I will keep on her tail to do so. It is awesome. I do have some in my collection of pictures but they are 20 some years old.

Leaf Storm said:

Next time you are over let me know and I'll tell you about the interesting places to go see in your few days here! There are many great things off the beaten track :)

"If a man is tired of London he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson.

Leaf Storm said:

Thanks I will remember that. The best way to see what a foreign place is like is to get recommendations from residents. I had dinner once at a place called Tiddy Dolls????

You're welcome :)

Yes, it's much better when you go someplace to know the a person there as they can give you so much good information on the place.

Sorry, I don't know the place you ate at but it sounds interesting! :)

Mudbug, have you been to London too? :)

Finally! I WANT SNOW! Actually I keep hearing about snow so maby it will snow. A friend sent me a message for no reason about snow, and I had started a book with snow in the title and about things related to snow and now this thread! The magic is working! snow! snow! snow!

Actually, I live near Our Nation's Capital, in Virginia. I have posted the Hawaiian flag in solidarity with wasabi (plus that's another before-I-die destination).

Oh, ok :D I been to Virgina, very nice :)

Been all around that area. Tennessee, Virginia, Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina... I'm just an adpoted southen boy :D

lol would love to. I LOVE bah-be-que food there! Just thinking about it makes me drool all over the keyboard!

Just don't take me anywhere near "Waffle House" or ill start to shiver and get horrible flash backs of what passes for food there! :eek: lol

Back
Top Bottom