Did anybody eat Friday, June 9, 2023?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
We did. Nicoise salad. Tonnino jarred tuna filets at 12 o'clock, then clockwise grape tomatoes, French green beans, HB eggs, nicoise olives (I pitted them), potatoes tossed with white wine while hot, and sliced radish. Dressing was fresh thyme, white wine vinegar, S&P, Dijon mustard, a tiny bit of sugar, EVOO mixed with a bit of vegetable oil and some oil from the tuna jar, and the juice from the tomatoes that collected after seasoning them.
20230609_180426.jpg

And then we watched Nicholas Cage's Renfield on Peacock. OMG, words just cannot describe...

Individual chicken pot pie (1 - 2 servings each). Top crust only.
chicken_pot_pie_051823_1_IMG_1063.jpg

chicken_pot_pie_060923_IMG_1104.jpg

chicken_pot_pie_051823_2_IMG_1065.jpg

I took another deep dive into the dark corners of the Emergency Shelf. ;)

I blew the dust off of a can of Hormel vegetarian chili.

I added 1/2 cup of lentils that I cooked with some minced onion and seasonings until tender and some frozen corn kernels.

I served it over rice.

The additions make enough for three nice meal-size servings.

Made a not to be repeated Boboli pizza.
Dogs can be so forgiving. They did put me on notice though. ;)
Tried out my Nuwave oven. I need a pizza stone stat!

We tried Boboli once long ago, once...

Re your comment about dogs, Craig picked up some Pollo Tropical chicken on the way home 1 afternoon for dinner later. I ended up working late so he ate his. I got home finally and ate mine as is, no warm up, well, tried to eat mine. The chicken was dry as sawdust, literally crumbled apart. I gave it to the pugs. They tried to chew it and ended up spitting it out. No idea what was with that piece. Craig said his was fine.

Last edited:
Went again to that little restaurant in the middle of nowhere with my bro and SIL. For once we all had the same thing, a chicken souvlaki with a greek salad and rice. Very nice was perfect and we were supposed to go back and do some more work on the chicken coop. Except someone said Coffee Dessert? Warm Apple Crumble drizzled with hot Caramel Sauce topped with Ice Cream and a large dollop of Whipped Creme on the side.

No more work got done this afternoon.

Question for you all! Is it somebody’s thing to start the “today’s menu” thread or can anyone else do it?

Back
Top Bottom