Did anyone eat tonight, Sunday May 7?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

corazon

Executive Chef
Native New Mexican, now live in Bellingham, WA
We went over to the neighbor's and had a big lunch. She made chicken in a creamy garlicky mushroom sauce & mashed potatoes. We brought over green chile chicken enchiladas.
They offered to babysit tonight so we could go see MI3. It was really good, though not as good as the second MI. We called to say we were coming home, turns out Callum started crying right after I left and didn't stop for 2 hours!:( I guess we'll be going out again when the kids turn 18.:ermm: j/k I suppose he'll do better in the future. He just wanted his mom. I think he'd have done fine if we had gone out during the day, bedtime is not to be messed with! I feel so bad for the neighbors. I have some serious thank you baking to do over the next few days!

I didn't cook last night either Corazon- we went to a christening celebration at a restaurant.We were with lots of friends and had a great time.My 21 year old probably cried the whole time I was out too because I told him he was having leftovers!!!;)(not because he missed his Mom))

I made Pumpkin Polenta with Chorizo and Black Beans. It is a favorite in our house.

We were originally going to grill turkey burgers outdoors, but when the early evening temps quickly dropped into the 50's/60's & it started to rain, that menu quickly changed to a Ricotta-Stuffed Turkey Meatloaf with whole-grain rotini pasta on the side. (Leftovers for lunch today - yum!!)

I made a kung pao beef stir-fry and Asian cabbage salad for dinner. I used Trader Joe's kung pao sauce. It was ok. It had good flavor just not the heat that I am used to. Next time I think I will add some red pepper flakes to the sauce.

Back
Top Bottom