Did anyone else eat on 1-7-2016?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
Hello? Anyone else eat, or were Himself and I the only ones tonight?

Nothing exciting here, as we swapped last night's leftovers. Himself finished up the chicken and roasted potatoes, adding some corn I froze this past summer and a nice salad. After I had my salad, I finished the chicken parm, adding a bit more quick sauce and a few (too many) rigatoni.

What did you have tonight?

DH had to pick up his work turkey, so he also brought home a small Cobb salad, a tub of chicken salad, and a small smoked turkey sandwich. Guess he was in a poultry state of mind.

A beef pot roast with parsnips, carrots, pearl onions, potatoes and button mushrooms. Boneless chuck roast was on sale, but the offerings in the case were only 1-1/2" thick, so I had the butcher cut a 3" thick one for me. I used some of the beef stock I had made and had in the freezer.:yum:

Did a Snow Crab leg feast last night. My daughter, in the picture, is heading back to college and she wanted this for her birthday, actually Friday.

IMG_0749.jpg

We had leftover stuffed cabbage rolls from the night before. That's one of the few things DH will eat leftover.

We ha stuffed red and yellow peppers. I used a recipe that I have for stuffed grape leaves from an old Frugal Gourmet cookbook. Very tasty with just a side salad.

I made ricotta-stuffed shells with lasagna sauce from the freezer, salads and toasted Italian bread sprinkled with Penzey's Fox Point seasoning.

Back
Top Bottom