Did it today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nick, how was the class and the instuctors? I am signed up for the Oinktoberfest class at the end of the month and the same two judges are teaching that class.

Kloset BBQR said:
Nick, how was the class and the instuctors? I am signed up for the Oinktoberfest class at the end of the month and the same two judges are teaching that class.

The class was 4 hours, including time for judging. Jerry Mullane was great as an instuctor, held you interest the whole time. He also happens to be a very funny guy. They really can only teach what to look for in the presentation part. As far as taste goes, it's more an individual taste. What I like to taste, isn't what everybody else might like. And texture is texture. They do tell you how to feel with your hands first, then with your mouth. It was interesting to see how everybody in the room ( there were about 24 of us) tasted different tastes in the meats presented to us. I usually just inhale the food put in front of me, but when I was tasting the food yesterday, I would take a small bite and roll it around in my mouth to really taste the food. I've never competed in a comp. but now realize how much work and effort teams but into comps. Now I'm looking forward to judging at a comp. I'll probably do th LI Grill Kings next year for my first one.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom