Did we all fast on Friday 1/10/2020??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Halibut Filet with a Teriyaki Drizzle, Southwest Style Corn, Baked Yam ... Side Salad, of course ...

Halibut Filet.jpg

Stovetop grilled strip steak and 2 halo oranges were dinner last night.

A simple dinner of Polish sausage and crispy fried potato slices, diced tomatoes and green onions topped with mayo..

Slice of cake for dessert..

Ross

Last nights dinner was the reason DH cooked corned beef the other night for dinner. He wanted the leftovers for "Corned Beef Grilled Cheese" from Food Network mag. March 2013. It was delicious. (recipe on request lol)

Last edited:
We didn't fast last night but dinner was top secret so I was not allowed to post it.

Now that sufficient time has passed, I can share our dinner menu.

Dinner Friday night was Costco rotchick, pilaf and peas. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

BK Bacon Double Cheeseburger, without the bun...not exactly on my diet, but sure tasted good.

I made soup with Turkish meatballs from the freezer, leftover rice from Thursday and a broth made with tomato paste, sumac, Aleppo pepper and water. Served it with focaccia from the freezer.

I made soup with Turkish meatballs from the freezer, leftover rice from Thursday and a broth made with tomato paste, sumac, Aleppo pepper and water. Served it with focaccia from the freezer.

Sounds great, especially since it was homemade and didn't involve much cooking this time.

After taking care of everything that needs doing after being gone almost three weeks, including a two store grocery run, we had a lazy supper. We each had a can of Progresso soup and split a tray of Aldi cheesy bread sticks. I had an apple later so I had something of redeeming value.

I cooked off a pack of chicken drumsticks and made a barley-veggie (carrot, mushroom, bok choy, asparagus, green beans, peas, onion, garlic) lemon chicken dish with a tossed salad. I didn't think my Dad would like it, but he did. At first he thought the barley was wild rice.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom