Dill Popcorn Recipe.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking4Fun

Senior Cook
Ingredients

12 cups popped popcorn or 1 batch of Dutch Oven Popcorn

1 teaspoon dill weed

1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt * (omit salt if using microwave popcorn)

1/4 teaspoon garlic powder

1/4 teaspoon onion powder

1/4 teaspoon coriander

1/4 teaspoon dry mustard

1-2 Tablespoons pickle juice

Instructions

1. Mix together all the spices to make the dill pickle seasoning mix. Omit the salt if you're using microwave popcorn that is already salted.
2. Drizzle your hot and fresh popcorn with pickle juice. Toss to coat.
3. Sprinkle with the seasoning mix and toss again to coat.
4. Enjoy!

Wouldn't the pickle juice make the popcorn soggy or at least a lot colder?

Maybe spray it on the popcorn, so it doesn't onto just a select few kernels? 12 c is a lot of PC, so maybe spray, and toss in between several sprays.

Old thread.
I use air popped popcorn, spray it lightly with soy sauce or soy sauce with water to dilute, then pickle seasoning. The pickle seasoning is all the pickles that were languishing in many jars, dehydrated, then ground. It's both sweet and salty.

OK guys, I can see this starting up again, so I'm going to jump right in there and say...

the only thing that belongs on popcorn is BUTTER, don't even need salt if you use salted butter!

there is one tiny exception, and not very often at that, is Caramel Popcorn. (you know... Cracker Jacks! LOL)

The pickle seasoning is all the pickles that were languishing in many jars, dehydrated, then ground. It's both sweet and salty.
How long did it take ( and at what temps) did you dehydrate the pickles at ? It looks like Im going to have an abundance of pickles and could definitely benefit from this. I still grow enough pickles for a family, but with only two at home now ( and my wife not as crazy about pickles as I am) I literally have going to have a few gallons overlap with next years batch. Looking for ways too use them up before they get mushy.

occasionally order dried products ( fruits, nuts , grans...) from Nuts.com and once ordered the pickled flavored half popped popcorn. What a treat that was .

Now we usually just air pop and thats it. I used to love butter, parm cheese or sometimes Id use the powdered cheese packet you get in a Kraft Mac and cheese box. just need to either butter prior to sprinkling the stuff on or spray with something like pam .

Love cracker jacks and especially Kettle corn. I like the salty/ sweet combo. We have never lefter Hershey Park without grabbing a tube of kettle corn for the ride home.

Dehydrating pickles depends on humidity and temperature of environment, thickness of pickles. I had sliced leftover pickles in 5 jars of pickles in the fridge. I drained them and put them on parchment, then dehydrated at 120-130 deg F, for a day or so. To grind them they need to be dried to a crisp. I can't say how long it takes. When they are done take them out and let them cool, then test them to see if they are crisp and easily broken up. If they are bendy, then dry them longer. It's not uncommon to have to dry things for 3 days--like right now I'm dehydrating lime and lemon slices, at 110 deg F and that takes 3 days.

Dehydrating pickles depends on humidity and temperature of environment, thickness of pickles. I had sliced leftover pickles in 5 jars of pickles in the fridge. I drained them and put them on parchment, then dehydrated at 120-130 deg F, for a day or so. To grind them they need to be dried to a crisp. I can't say how long it takes. When they are done take them out and let them cool, then test them to see if they are crisp and easily broken up. If they are bendy, then dry them longer. It's not uncommon to have to dry things for 3 days--like right now I'm dehydrating lime and lemon slices, at 110 deg F and that takes 3 days.
I hear ya. It took me awhile to ge try tomatoes to dehydrate to the point where I could powder them ( and some jus never got to that point).

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom