Dinner 2-20-2020 ~ National Muffin Day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
No muffin baking here. Tried that yesterday. Things did not work out well. :ermm: THAT's an understatement! :LOL:

Himself is saving me from myself today. He's strongly suggesting take-out. :heart: Right now broasted chicken and jo-jo potatoes are in the lead.

What are you having for supper? We just might decide to show up at your place. :D

National Muffin Day

Sorta Kinda Cacciatori ....
Chicken Leg & Thigh braised in Sweet Red, Yellow and Green Peppers, Onions, Garlic, Mushrooms, Italian-Style Tomatoes, Sliced Black Olives and Cabernet....

Chicken Cacciatori.jpg

I swear I could eat my weight in this chicken. :yum: And those potatoes are surprisingly good dipped in...sour cream!
View attachment 39208

Making me hungry and I ate. I remember broasted chicken from vacations in the mountains as a kid. Those potatoes look just like the broasted potatoes we would often get along with the chicken.

I'm thinkin' leftover Roast (from Christmas Rib Roast) Beef & Mushrooms in Brown Gravy served over wide Egg Noodles...
basically Beef Stroganoff without the Sour Cream,
because we all know that DH doesn't like anything creamy :glare:
I'll just "do a dollop of Daisy" atop my dish :LOL:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-Pv_ySeQIU

IMG_5480.jpg

IMG_5481.jpg

Delicious! :yum:

DH wouldn't even eat his dinner `cuz he thought that
his plate also had Sour Cream in it somewhere :blink:
Ahhhh, NOPE!
That's why we put the dollop on only my plate :ermm:
Whatever!
As my Portuguese Grandmother would say:
Mush fee ka (I'm spelling this out phonetically mainly `cuz I don't speak Portuguese :)) More for me! :LOL:

Tonight's dinner:

This is my Singaporean-style Spicy (but milder than some) Jumbo Chili Prawns with Basmati Rice. Superb - try it, you'll love it !

Attachments

• IMG_9419 - Chili prawns Singapore -style.jpg
    IMG_9419 - Chili prawns Singapore -style.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:
Our dinner sounds like yours Katie, although we would have loved some of your peach dumplings.
Those patties we found that are half beef and half bacon grill up with lots of flare up fire goodness. Dang, they sure make for a tasty burger with all the trimmings.

Last edited:
Cooked up a couple of burgers tonight with sautéed mushrooms and onions, cheese and tomato. Tater tots and beer so it was a complete meal.

No muffins here today.
I made a Keralan style stir-fry tonight, to use up some mushrooms and bell peppers I had. I served it on a mix of brown rice and millet - something I do a lot, to add some nutrients to rice. The recipe was based on this one:
Mushroom Pepper Stir-fry
I doubled it, and added more garlic and more hot peppers, as usual! However, just those 5 Thai peppers could have been reduced to 3 - that black pepper is surprisingly hot, in this amount. This is something I turned on my range hood for, even though it's cold out there - the fumes were strong! A friend who was trying this with me thought that it wasn't that hot...until a few bites into it, and it grew on us. Had a pineapple based raita on the side, which helped the cooling!
Mushroom pepper stir-fry, served on a 50/50 mix of brown basmati and millet. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Last edited:
We had sausage links cut up in scrambled eggs and cheese, roasted potatoes and onions, salads, and blueberry mini-muffins for dessert.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom