Dinner 2-28-08

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LadyCook61

Master Chef
I cooked Spaghetti and home made Italian sausage, that I fresh ground this morning. Nothing like homemade :chef:.

Ol Blue's Bacon Cheeseburger Meatloaf and roasted lemon-herb potatoes. Finally made a decision!

Yesterday I made a big pot of navy bean/pasta soup (Italian sausage, veggies, chicken stock, herbs/spices, etc.) so it could sit and age nicely all day today. Earlier today I made a loaf of N.Y. Times Bread to go with. Can't wait...for the soup OR the bread. Yum!

Mongolian BBQ - left over from yesterday. You pick the main item(s) (I picked beef & shrimp), & go to a sort-of salad bar looking counter & pick the items you want. I picked noodles & a bunch of veggies (broc etc), pineapple. The chef cooks it all up on a Mongolian BBQ pit (see below) in front of you. Fun!Strawberrry cheesecake that I didn't eat yesterday.

Mongolian barbecue - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Similar (in looks) to this place:
Mongolian BBQ Home Page

Going out again, I cannot wait for my kitchen to be mine again:( At least I can bake...Made some more parmesan,basil,lemon zest crisps to have with some creamy tomatoe soup for lunch..Oh boy where to go for dinner..I'm out of ideas..
kadesma

We are having grilled NY strips, baked potatoes, grilled carrots & steamed broccoli. Iced double chocolate cookies for dessert.

I wasn't thrilled with my dinner tonight. I had some uncured turkey "hot dogs" from the food co-op. I made a pizza crust dough and wrapped them up with cheese and tomato sauce. Found out I HATE uncured turkey hot dogs. On the bright side, the crust tasted delicious! :)

dw made a pretty tasty lemon roasted chicken, spanish rice, and cranberry sauce for last night's dinner.

afterwards, i had to use up 4 huge pork chops, so i finally got around to making my spinach and goat cheese stuffed chops.

i toasted 2 large cloves of garlic and 2 golf ball sized shallots in evoo, then wilted a half bag of spinach in the oil. after cooling, i mixed it with a half stick of goat cheese and 5 minced dried plums.
the mix was stuffed into a pocket cut into the chops, and they were sealed with a toothpick.

the stuffed chops were then breaded and baked at 425 for 35 minutes.

i tasted a bit last night, and oh man! i can't wait to have them for lunch!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom