Dinner 3-24-2022 ~ National Cocktail Day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
It looks like no one started a thread for Wednesday's dinners - guess we were all out drinking? :LOL: But today is National Cocktail Day. I'll be sticking with my nightly glass of wine while reading tonight. I've had a taste for a White Russian lately, but we're boycotting all things Russian for the time being...

Anyway, a thread for today, Thursday. I had planned on making Italian sausages in red wine, with broccoli rabe as the side veggie. However, today is chilly and rainy, so I'll be flipping those ingredients into a pot of soup. I'm trying Rachael Ray's "Sausage, Beans and Broccoli Rabe soup" version today, but only half the recipe.

What are your plans for supper tonight?

We're planning on having some of the sort-of-Solyanka I made on Tuesday. Looking forward to it.

I just tried to check if it was actually Tuesday that I made it and I can't find Tuesday's supper thread. I remember starting that thread. I remember noticing that someone changed the date format that I used in the title of that thread.

I feel somewhat sandwiched in between yesterday's snow and rain and tomorrow's snow and rain. Plus it's chilly today. I made cream of potato soup (yum) and grilled ham and white cheddar sandwiches with dijon mustard. Red grapes for dessert,

...I'm trying Rachael Ray's "Sausage, Beans and Broccoli Rabe soup" version today, but only half the recipe...
Himself liked it, in spite of all the rabe I put into it - far more than the four cups called for in a full recipe! In fact, he said that he thought he would like it even better if it had less sausage and more beans. Works for me - it's cheaper that way! I actually included the veggie amounts that were called for in a full recipe. Basically I cut the meat, beans, and broth in half. Tasty little soup. :yum:

I will be making this one again.

IMG_20220324_194826324_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
Rice and peas/red pepper/onions/green onions with kim chi.
Carrot bread

Back
Top Bottom