Dinner 3-29-2018 ~ Play Ball!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
It's baseball's season opener games today! Well, except for two cities with lousy weather. What does the MLB expect with games starting in March??? :glare:

OK, on to food.No baseball food until the home opener next Friday. And I have to wait for my game today until 10:10PM. So..we're having leftovers today - corned beef, etc from Tuesday or ribs and stuff from yesterday. To paraphrase my Mom, first to the refrigerator is best fed. :LOL:

What are you serving up on your home's plates today?

Craig's chicken and andouille jambalaya, with a spicy Creole sauce if desired, I didn't. :furious:

The season and home opener is over in Dallas, with a 4-1 Rangers loss to the Astros.

I had a Nolan Ryan Jumbo Beef Hot Dog, on a bratwurst bun with mustard and sauerkraut.

CD

Attachments

• NRhotdog.jpg
    NRhotdog.jpg
    175.1 KB · Views: 135
Kayelle's Greek thighs - sort of. B/S well trimmed thighs (1-1/2 lbs.), half of the orzo and broth, added a handful of Kalamata olives. Nuked broc on the side. Good stuff!

Tyler has a baseball game at 5:30, and is starting pitcher again...:wub: that's about all the baseball I'm into these days, LOL

We had a quickie tray of deviled eggs, deli meats, assorted cheeses, veggies, crackers, ranch dressing....almost time to head out now.

'Our' home team, the Arizona Diamond Backs, so my husband said, are having their first game in Denver ... UMMMM ... NO! SO, hurry up and get dinner over and TURN ON THE TV!!!

I made a quick meal of steamed White Rice, topped with Kalua Pig and Cabbage.
002.JPG
[file photo]

It's a good thing that I keep packages of Kalua Pig in the deep freeze at the ready...
kalua-pig-packages.jpg

Finally no take out...
Found boxes with pans, etc., to allow us to make tacos for dinner.. Just simple tacos but, so nice to not go get take out..

Should be able to make a complete meal Friday..

Ross

Kayelle's Greek thighs - sort of. B/S well trimmed thighs (1-1/2 lbs.), half of the orzo and broth, added a handful of Kalamata olives. Nuked broc on the side. Good stuff!

Hey, I like the olive idea!

Last night I made some really good enchalada's on the fly with leftover stuffing from the mix I did for the Taco salads a couple nights ago.
The stuffing was black beans/black olives/ fire roasted corn/ spicy seasoned chicken/cheese. The stuffed flour tortillas were topped Cheese Soup mixed with salsa, more cheese and cilantro sprinkled with Mexican oregano on top.

That was two great meals with one huge Dolly chicken breast..:chef:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom