Dinner 3-30-2018 ~ Is your meal good this Friday?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
I still need to run the gauntlet at the grocery store, so dinner will be a fast-but-favorite. I'm making an old standby casserole of tuna-rice-mixed veggies-C of M soup. I like mine topped with a bit of shredded cheddar cheese. :yum:

What's the plan at your place?

I am thawing some chicken thighs. I am planning to use leftover cheese filling from the Wednesday lasagna, with some jalepeños to make some chicken bombs on the grill.

CD

GG, hope you're home soon. Take care.

I'm pan searing some pork tenderloin medallions, making mashed potatoes and a veggie.

+3 GG, hope it's nothing serious and you're sprung soon

It just happens that I'm making Fish tonight (DH is Catholic), so this Good Friday meal will be

fish vera cruz style.jpg
[file photo-since I haven't even started dinner as yet]

Cod Fillets cooked in the Vera Cruz Style,
served over steamed White Rice, MMM :yum:

We had a hashbrown, breakfast sausage and cheese casserole for dinner. It was pretty good, but not something we'll probably make again as it used a lot of premade/convenience item ingredients and was fairly salty. Churros and chocolate sauce for dessert.

Attachments

• 2018-03-30 18.08.25.jpg
    2018-03-30 18.08.25.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:
I'm in the hospital and tonight's dinner is nasty, so DH is bringing me a gyro pita sandwich from our favorite local Greek restaurant.

Last time Craig was in the hospital, I think I brought him every meal but breakfast, and he never ate much of that. Their idea of omelettes looked like beaten eggs cooked in a mold in a microwave.

Feel better soon!

Mom had leftover beans with bacon from their lunch, just enough for my dinner tonight. Quite tasty and filled the spot.

I am thawing some chicken thighs. I am planning to use leftover cheese filling from the Wednesday lasagna, with some jalepeños to make some chicken bombs on the grill.

CD

I made my chicken bombs, and they were good. But, now I have a bad case of hot peppers hiccups.

CD

Attachments

• C-Bombs3-18.jpg
    C-Bombs3-18.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 102
Last time Craig was in the hospital, I think I brought him every meal but breakfast, and he never ate much of that. Their idea of omelettes looked like beaten eggs cooked in a mold in a microwave.

Feel better soon!

The last three times I was in the hospital, I didn't get any food until day three. By then, that oatmeal and Jello was pretty awesome. I don't remember what I was served beyond that, but I ate all of it.

CD

Last edited:
...I'm making an old standby casserole of tuna-rice-mixed veggies-C of M soup....
By the time I got home with my 10 (10!) bags of groceries, Himself was withering away with hunger. Me, too. He did a Chinese carry-out run while I put the groceries away. We ended up having shrimp-and-cashews, shrimp fried rice, and spring rolls. At least there was rice with dinner. ;)

Attachments

• 20180330_220336.jpg
    20180330_220336.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 94
I had the hiccups three times last night, and woke up with them this morning. Those were some potent peppers.

CD

Back
Top Bottom