Dinner 4-14-2016 ~ What dinner is ringing your bell?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
I'm making salads for us because there has been a dearth of fresh veggies in our diet while we were gone. We also have last week's barley-mushroom soup, about a small bowl each, that I'll heat. After that, it will be free-range grazing on yesterday's leftovers if either of us want anything else. We have LOTS of leftovers. I plan on milking those babies as long as I can. ;)

What will you find when the dinner bell rings in your house tonight?

Tonight I'm doing fried brined thick loin pork chops set aside and pan finished with celery/onion/mushroom mixed with TJ's pizza sauce. I'll make some orzo for the SousChef and beautiful fresh artichokes will be on the side.

Hard to top DH's private chef from his brief "work" trip.

I'm baking some more chicken breast strips in seasoned panko, because I like them. Celery sticks with ranch dip, and coleslaw.

The jambalya Craig made last night, chicken and pretty much the last of the homemade tasso. Scratch chocolate poke cake with homemade caramel for the liquid.

Hard to top DH's private chef from his brief "work" trip.

I'm baking some more chicken breast strips in seasoned panko, because I like them. Celery sticks with ranch dip, and coleslaw.

Maybe if you invest in a big poofy hat and some checked pants...

Tonight is a Barber Foods frozen stuffed mystery chicken breast and a salad.

Taxes for SO and me (Two returns each) took almost all day so I was/am drained. We went out for pizzas and beer/wine. Pepperoni and onion for me and Margherita for SO.

Grouper cooked sous vide topped with a fresh mango like salsa and asparagus on the side. Still working on the weight loss, and this dish makes is easy to stick to it.

Oven-fried chicken leg quarters coated in herb and Ranch seasoned coating, green beans from our garden last year (last jar) with a toss of garlic on them, and corn on the cob.

Minneolas and raspberries for dessert, and we finished up a bit of ice cream.

Just a quickie but good dinner. Open faced tuna melt on a half onion bun with tomato and a slice of cheddar, with watermelon and sliced cucumbers on the side.

Last edited:
What's For Dinner?

Watermelon, man, I haven't gotten that in awhile...

Tonight it's my version of Tuna Casserole
https://mykitcheninthemiddleofthede...08/10/tuna-not-like-the-lunch-hall-casserole/
It made enough for two nights.
004.JPG

006.JPG

I really like this recipe that I adapted from Rachael Ray.

Geez, Himself and I should have showed up! However, 1200-1500 miles is a long way to go for a steak, no matter how scrumptious it is. Maybe when we move to Ohio and knock 600 miles off of the trip...:whistling:

Thanks CCL. Sometimes simple is best, especially when I have the grandson all afternoon. :ermm::)

Kgirl - I have watermelon constantly this time of year, they are sooo good. Your tuna casserole looks delish! :yum:

Last edited:
Tonight I'm doing fried brined thick loin pork chops set aside and pan finished with celery/onion/mushroom mixed with TJ's pizza sauce. I'll make some orzo for the SousChef and beautiful fresh artichokes will be on the side.

Sorry we didn't get pictures but I wanted to report how good this was tonight. I really miss pizza, and pasta and this idea hit the mark with all the flavors of Italy I love without so many carbs. The Italian smothered chops were topped with 4 kinds of Italian cheese, his on top of Orzo, and mine on top of wilted spinach. :yum:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom