Dinner 4-9-2020 ~ National Cherish an Antique Day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
Do you have a cherished antique? I do - Himself! :heart: I cherish him every day by fixing us good meals. We'll nibble on a relish tray served on an antique plate while a tub of creamy chicken and wild rice mined from the freezer warms up. Ciabatta rolls from Aldi turned into garlic toast will finish off our meal.

What's dinner at your place?

Cooking up two pork chops I took out of the freezer the other day. Not sure what else. I'll see what inspires me when I open the fridge and pantry.

Eye-Poke Day ! Nothing too complicated allowed in the kitchen ..
Chili from the freezer, with White Rice, Salad (Prepped before-hand) with Bleu Cheese.......

Chili Bowl.jpg

My cherished antique (lol) fixed us a very delicious dinner tonight. "Braised Pork Shoulder in Hoisin-Wine Sauce with Dried Plums" from Cooking Light mag. Oct. 2004. We had it over basmati rice with fresh green beans. This is going right back into the make soon folder.

It's Thursday so it's leftover day. I'll put everything we have on the counter and we will both pick and choose. It will be a weird dinner... but filling. Home made baklava for dessert.

Grilled Guava Pineapple Teriyaki Chicken Dinner.jpg

I found some fresh Pineapple that I had frozen
a whiles back... hmmm :ermm:
Grilled Guava-Pineapple Teriyaki Chicken,
Fried Rice
and grilled Pineapple,
not bad!
I brought the Teriyaki Sauce back from Honolulu last May,
now it's looking like we may not make it there again for
a few years :( and that was the last of that glaze :glare:

>edit: I forgot, my cherished antique DH is a honey too

Last edited:
Do you have a cherished antique? I do - Himself! :heart: I cherish him every day by fixing us good meals. We'll nibble on a relish tray served on an antique plate while a tub of creamy chicken and wild rice mined from the freezer warms up. Ciabatta rolls from Aldi turned into garlic toast will finish off our meal.

What's dinner at your place?

Love your comment. Yep, as it turns out, we're both antiques.

At any rate, we had chili since our weather turned a bit chilly. Garlic baguettes as a way to sop up our juices. We were full.

I'm the antique in my marriage. I do have two cherished antiques from my mother. A large oak dining table from ca 1650 and some antique Danish silverware from the very early 1900s.

I had leftovers.

180 change of plans. Opened the package of chops and they didn't smell quite right. So into the trash. We had a redo of the chicken parm from the other night with the two leftover patties.
Cooking up two pork chops I took out of the freezer the other day. Not sure what else. I'll see what inspires me when I open the fridge and pantry.

We had grilled sirloin steak and twice-baked potatoes that DH heated up on the grill. I was too tired to make salad, and not hungry enough for one, so DH made one for himself. Girl Scout Trefoils for me, a few hours later.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom