Dinner 5/9/07

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
who's cooking tonight? I'm going to try something a little different with my pork loin tonight. As a kid and young adult, my mother always cut slits in her pork roast and inserted a slice of garlic and some fresh rosemary. My dad and sister loved it, but I found the garlic crunchy and hot and the rosemary just too strong...I've roasted a head of garlic and picked some rosemary sprigs,I'm going to put evoo in the bottom of my roasting pan and lay the rosemary sprigs on the evoo, then place the pork roast on the rosemary..when the roast has about 20 min. left to cook, I'm going to take a spatula and smash up the garlic add a little salt and then smear it over the roast, cutting some slits and inserting some of the roasted cloves in there..Have fingerling potatoes and baby carotts to add to the pan..Large green salad, peas with mushrooms, chunky apple sauce should do it..Dessert, half cantaloupes with vanilla ice cream in the middle.
What are you planning?
kadesma:)

I had too much lunch with friends today. (a large chicken fillet sandwich with curly fries.....we were smart enough to order water to drink)

Everyone will be away for the evening so it will be a snack for later. Right now, I'm just hoping it will be a tictac! :wacko:

Its my 11th anniversary so DH is taking me to our favorite mexican resturant. Not sure yet what I'm going to have though.

I'm making a boneless pork roast tonight too kadesma :) I marinaded the pork in a dijon/horseradish sauce with sauteed red onions, with a bit of chicken broth added to the roasting pan to keep the pork moist. Probably some sort of potatoe dish on the side and some peas.

I'm cooking up boneless pork chops and making some gravy. I"m also making some instant mashed potatoes. I really should use the last package that I have. I also have a frozen bag of mixed brocolli and cauliflower. I'll have to use 1/2 the bag, since it's only for the 2 of us.

We will probably have an apple each since we had lunch at our local seafood place - all you can eat flounder. I didn't get extra, but dh did and we are both quite satisfied. Also we didn't finish lunch until about 2:30 so I think with an apple about 7ish I'll be good til breakfast.

amber said:
I'm making a boneless pork roast tonight too kadesma :) I marinaded the pork in a dijon/horseradish sauce with sauteed red onions, with a bit of chicken broth added to the roasting pan to keep the pork moist. Probably some sort of potatoe dish on the side and some peas.
Amber,
that sounds good. Let me know how you liked it. I'd like to give it a try.

kadesma :)

legend_018 said:
I"m also making some instant mashed potatoes. I really should use the last package that I have.

Instant Mashed Potatoes are a household staple. Although I am lousy at making instant mashed potatoes, I have been served some great ones. So Boo hoo, I use them for potato soup. (others at DC often use them as a thickening agent).

StirBlue said:
Instant Mashed Potatoes are a household staple. Although I am lousy at making instant mashed potatoes, I have been served some great ones. So Boo hoo, I use them for potato soup. (others at DC often use them as a thickening agent).

Someone recently gave me a small recipe that includes instant mashed potatoes in it. It's like a little potatoe pancake with shredded veggies to try to get veggies into my 13 month old. It didn't work though, but I thought it was good "lol". When my new baby arrives in August, believe me...I won't have time to make mashed potatoes from scratch. :) But there is nothing like the real thing though of course.

Tonight it's going to be polenta!! ( never made it before) and I'm making it oven style:chef:also will prolly, saute some garlic onions and mushrooms, and make a tomatoe, cucumber salad type thing.:cool:

I am going to make myself a large fruit salad since it is so hot here. It was in the 100's a few days ago but today it only hit the high 70's.

SurvivorGirl said:
Tonight it's going to be polenta!! ( never made it before) and I'm making it oven style:chef:also will prolly, saute some garlic onions and mushrooms, and make a tomatoe, cucumber salad type thing.:cool:

Let me know how your first time turns out. Good Luck!

skirt steak marinating in strawberry syrup/soy/worchestershire/smoke/PD's House seasoning, then toppled on the GF for a couple of minutes.
green beans with mushrooms, almonds, garlic, s and p.
gnocchi with butter, parm cheese, cream and more garlic with snipped sage
big green salad with yard toms and Wal Marts avocados

legend_018 said:
Let me know how your first time turns out. Good Luck!
well it was interesting let me tell you that!;)
it was interesting enough to make me want to make it again and grill it or do some such thing with it.
I don't know if it was my favourite for eating it just striaght...

I brined some chicken breasts and chicken legs, then grilled them to perfection. I also made some scalloped potatoes, and corn for the veg. Yummy!

Prawn omelette with sauté potatoes, minty peas and cauliflower or just dropping to yours Kadesma:)

Back
Top Bottom