Dinner 9-08-19 - a DC dinner!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'd sure like to see those tamales, and know precisely how to make them.
I think the caregiver (love her--she is attending the RN program at the local university and is from Alaska) might have taken some pics. I posted a link to the filling recipe I ended up using under Ethnic foods...Wish had made a double-batch. I know she took pics of what we made this weekend. Her Mom asked her how on earth she is learning to make these things in Northern MN where most people are of Scandinavian descent. Ha! She just happened to end up helping care for my Mom and that I am starved to make things that are not retro '70s and like having someone come and play in the kitchen with me when the KN is away.

Gotta say, because Miss Alaska (our nickname for her) made the 6-day drive down by herself and knew 0 people when she got here, I feel for her. That is sort of what my life was like when I went to Quebec City and then New Brunswick for school. It was nice to be befriended by people. Sweetheart of a gal. And, it is fun to share some of what I learned from the top chefs in the Ottawa area when I worked for the food photographer. At one point, Miss A. said, this is so much fun cooking from scratch! Poor girl didn't get recipes, because of course I cook from memory and taste.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom