Dinner 9/19/06/?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luvs

Master Chef
dinner for me is 'bout 9:00, early morning.
Chef's decision, if he's proud of us, a meal for us!
we're learning soups, stocks, & sauces. often you're rather stuffed & other meals you starve.
'oughta get prepped for school. already 2:30!:ermm: :)

Last edited:
A New Zealand winemaker friend (Te Awa winery) is coming over for dinner.

First course: monkfish topped with shrimp in a cream and mushroom sauce accompanied by a 1999 Morey Saint Denis blanc from Domaine Dujac.

Main course: grilled duck breast with various peppers (pink, black, green), pommes sarladaises (chunks of potatoes fried with ceps, parsely, and garlic), and green beans accompanied by 2003 Château Macay, Côtes de Bourg.

Cheese course: Chaumes, Fourme d'Ambert, Brie, Sainte Maure, and a selection of Spanish cheeses accompanied by a 1990 Vieux Château Certain, Pomerol.

Dessert: greengage tart, possibly accompanied by a Taylor's late bottled vintage Port if we're in the mood.

Coffee + after dinner drinks.

Best regards,
Alex R.

well, i was given permission to leave school for today. i'll probably cook a light dish.

It's turned cooler here today. More like fall and I'm in the mood for some old-fashioned comfort food. Today's scheduled to be a meatless meal day, so I think I'm going to make an nice ooey-gooey casserole of macaroni and cheese and then let my imagination and my husband's suggestions take it from there. It's a b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l day!

Katie

wonderful weather here today too. e-mail from my hubby says he
is taking care of dinner.

not sure what he will make but i would guess it is meat meat and more
meat. anything he makes will be fine it is the thought that counts.:in_love:

excellent weather here also, partly sunny, cool breezes, low humidity. Been in the kitchen most of the morning baking stuff for a genealogical escape I am planning for the end of the week. I like to take my own food when on road trips. Have made whole wheat raspberry muffins, herb rolls, walnut and date whole wheat cookies so far. Have some ground beef thawing in the frig and have not decided how to turn that into tonights dinner. Have a butternut squash baking right now, so that will be on the menu.

crewsk said:
We're having country fried steak, gravy, mashed potatoes, green beans, & biscuits tonight.

this sounds good have not made it for a bit, i like to use chicken instead.
when i use beef it seems to turn out tough.

rickell said:
this sounds good have not made it for a bit, i like to use chicken instead.
when i use beef it seems to turn out tough.

I use cubed steak, fry it in the morning & then put it in the crock pot with really thin gravy. By supper time, the gravy is thickened & the meat is really tender. I have made it with hicken & boneless porkchops also, I just don't put those in the crock pot.

I changed my mind on the mashed potaotes, we're having rice instead.

gonna have fish cakes (salmon) with welsh rarebit (gives me a reason to sip some beer while I cook!) and sauteed chard (if I can find any) and or zucchini.

Hi all...new here but couldn't wait to dive in:chef: !
Tonight we're having Crockpot Meatloaf, baked fresh sweet potatoes, salad, and a berry trifle with Marscapone cheese sauce for dessert. :pig:

Hi Nonni, welcome to DC! I've never heard of making a meatloaf in a crockpot.

We're having buritos tonight, stuffed with chicken, refried beans, rice, onions, and bell peppers, and a bit of red pepper flakes, and some salsa on the inside and outside and topped with cheese. Think I'll eliminate the rice from my burito because it's just too heavy for me with all the other fillings.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom