Dinner 9-2-2019 ~ Labor Day, so we rest

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lot of cooking already this weekend. Tonight’s dinner will be pulled pork from the freezer to make sandwiches on potato buns, BBQ baked beans and cole slaw.

Sweet & Sour Ribs

39817-albums888-picture8051.jpg
[/IMG]

The Elders had brats, potato and turnip mash, and corn-on-the-cob. Mom had some of the black-eyed pea salad, Dad had a tossed salad. It is raining, so I had the caregiver get Mom back to bed.

I'm trying out "Chile-Braised Short Ribs" - a la Bon Appetit Magazine, Sept./2019 issue, pages 62 & 63.

The broth base is primarily rehydrated Guajillo chiles, blended with several aromatics, onions & garlic, said to be quote: 'so flavorful you don't even need stock'.
To be served with acorn squash pieces braised with the beef.

I'm a bit dubious, but we'll see how it turns out.

After going to my fish market this morning to get some fresh scallops, I'm intending tomorrow to make the Vera Cruz scallops with cool green chile sauce recipe that I recently posted, and will post a pic after it's done.

Last edited:
Lazy today. Went over to the festival down the road and got a sausage, peppers, and onion sandwich along with some zeppoles.

I did quickly grill my wife some chicken breast. Dry rub salt, rosemary, thyme. Butter/lemon juice based in skillet while cooking. She made some
Sweet potato fries as well.

I am very pleased with myself. I made "Linda's pot o' pig" for supper and really enjoyed it. There were also potatoes (experimenting to see if I can tolerate them) and rødkål (a Danish red cabbage dish). That was yummy. I intended to take pictures, but once the food was on the table, my brain was all "Food!", and not a thought about taking pix of the food.

Wonderful sounding dinners, all! Joey, your ribs look amazing. :yum:

RMM, looking forward to seeing your scallops dinner. I LOVE scallops and have them often.

Linda, I'll have to look up your 'pot o pig' again, I know I've seen your recipe before, but it's been a while.

CG...I could go for Reubens and cole slaw any day of the year. :yum:

I threw together a quesadilla for dinner this afternoon. A fruit salad and a sliced tomato fresh from the farmer's market were sides. I couldn't finish half of the quesadilla, so will probably warm that up for breakfast in the morning with a fried egg.

I cooked a prime ribeye steak, sous vide and seared with the Searsall, and nuked a cob of corn, lathered it with butter, and gave it a quick char with the Searsall, too.

It was a big steak, so I have leftovers.

CD

Carb-o-licious! [emoji16] We enjoyed grilled burger patties and grilled corn with homemade baked beans. I got a little heavy-handed with the steak sauce [emoji38] : Oops.
20190902_200043.jpg

Andouille Beans & Rice with Tomato and Zucchini

The picture looks like a modest serving but fact is, hadn't eaten all day and wolfed down a couple of pounds of it for a late supper.
IMG_20190902_212842490.jpg
20190903 dinner kcal.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom