Dinner august 6th, 2006?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Albertson's had a sale on ribs (spare & baby back) so we're having:

spare ribs
bbq'd chicken
potato salad
greens
corn bread

Today is my son's second birthday so we are having a party. I am starting with MJ's meatballs, PDSwife's spinach boats, mexican fudge, sunset dip, cheese and crackers and chips and dip. We are mixing lots of pina coladas. Then we go into pasta salad, homemade mac n cheese, marshmallow fluff salad, cole slaw and - I'm cheating, KFC chicken breast tenders. Dessert is a fire engine cake and coconut macaroons I made last night. Wish you could all come celebrate with us!

corazon90 said:
I do plan on making a ton of boysenberry jam today though. That'll be staining and fun.

LOL!! Just remember to pour boiling water thru any stains. They will disappear like magic. (Can you send me some jam?)

Just invited 4 more people for dinner, hmmm...how to stretch the chicken? Got some kid stuff I will throw on the BBQ and I think I will do oven roasted spuds, and some yellow beans and a BIG caesar salad.

Michelemarie said:
Today is my son's second birthday so we are having a party. I am starting with MJ's meatballs, PDSwife's spinach boats, mexican fudge, sunset dip, cheese and crackers and chips and dip. We are mixing lots of pina coladas. Then we go into pasta salad, homemade mac n cheese, marshmallow fluff salad, cole slaw and - I'm cheating, KFC chicken breast tenders. Dessert is a fire engine cake and coconut macaroons I made last night. Wish you could all come celebrate with us!
Happy Birthday to your little one. I can just see the big eyes at all the goodies, the cake and the presents. That expression they get once they realize, "hey this is all for ME" is priceless.Have a wonderful party.

kadesma:)

Thanks kadesma - it has been fun with him today and I look forward to the rest of the day. We have sung happy birthday several times, and I think he knows it is for him. He smiles and laughs and claps. When you ask him how old he is he says "doo". Okay, I know I'm off topic, just wanted to thank you.

My husband fixed delicious French toast and maple-flavored smoky links for a late brunch today. (After he did the shopping and mowed the yard, God bless him!)
We both had a good nap, and we have a "date" tonight. We'll just scrounge something from the fridge later. For me, it will probably be a bologna/cheese/tomato sandwich, on toasted Sara Lee whole wheat bread, with mustard on one side and mayo on the other.

My daughter and I had baked chicken breast with lemon pepper and fresh rosemary, her finance and my hubby had a steak, to go with I made a fresh from the garden salad of red and yellow tomatoes, green bell peppers, cucumbers, onions with light Italian dressing, a potato Pie (with roasted potatoes and onions then layered with swiss cheese, fresh ground nutmeg, and fresh basil. Daughters BF won't each cheese so I mashed him some potatoes. The guys had garlic, parmesan bread with theirs.

Three bean venison chili with all the fixin's; cheese, sour cream, diced onion, olives, and avocado. Corn tortillas or cornbread - can't make up my mind - depends on how good the football game is - good game = tortillas, bad game I'll make cornbread.

good to see you elfie!!!!! don't be a stranger, will ya?

and happy birthday m squared junior!!!

tonight, i made a chuck pot roast in the crock pot, with onions, baby carrots, celery, and fresh herbs de provence from the garden. i cooked it too long as the meat was falling apart as i removed it from the crock.

while it was cooking, dw made breaded parmesan chicken tenders and garlic-cheese-herb mashed potatoes.

Back
Top Bottom