Dinner for 11-3-19

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cheryl J

Chef Extraordinaire
What was for dinner? I baked a cod filet with a little simple seasoning and a lemon slice in parchment paper. Fresh steamed string beans with mushrooms and chopped onions, and a Cutie on the side. Still stuffed, but hoping there will be room for a small bowl of mint chocolate chip ice cream in an hour or so.

Nice sounding dinners you two! We cut up the last of the leftover tri tip and made toasted sourdough sandwiches with avocado and red onion. I really like the sliced sourdough loaves of bread I get at Trader Joe's because the flavor is the most sour I've ever found. Good enough meal for us tonight along with some potato salad.

Good to know that TJ's has good sourdough. I almost never shop TJ's but it's going on my reminder list to check out.

Dx was hungry for beef stew and I had shopped for the makings for a beef chuck roast, so it was easy to convert and I made a baked beef stew. The house smelled so good all afternoon.

We had leftovers and now the fridge looks like Old Mother Hubbard's cupboard. :w00t2: I haven't been this lucky the last day before vacation since I don't know when! Anyway, Himself finished the chicken-barley stew, and I ate the last of the pork tenderloin and roasted carrots. Now I get to eat someone else's cooking for the better part of the next two or three weeks.

And I'll be jonesing to do some cooking before the end of week two...:LOL:

Treated myself to a once-a-year visit to Toscana 52.. Dined on three appetizers...

Fried Calamari, with fried Zucchini Spears...

Toscana Fried Calamari.jpg

Crab & Octopus Carpaccio (Italian Sushi) - Jumbo Crab Meat & Thin-Sliced Octopus...

Toscana Carpaccio.jpg

Grilled Herb-Marinated Octopus...

Tuscana Grilled Octopus.jpg

Johnny's 11' alligator gumbo. Recipe is from "More Swamp Cooking".

36788-albums1121-picture8078.jpg

It is a very unconventional gumbo. No roux. Beside the "Trinity", it has alligator, andouille, stewed tomatoes, tomato sauce, penne pasta, okra, oysters and shrimp . This is the first gumbo I've ever seen that has pasta in it.

We had chuck roast with potatoes, onions, carrots, and gravy cooked in the oven. Mom also wanted some mashed potatoes so I cheated and fixed a couple of packs o them that I had lying around.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom