Dinner for Friday March 16?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Who's having a NE boiled dinner this weekend?

I don't have any cabbage and the weather is just too nasty for me to go get some now!

Franks and beans for tonite.

Last edited:
Well we went to that new resturant.......LOL still can't remember the exact name of it. It was a log cabin along the river. The food was really good....about 3 to 4 dollars more per entree then some of the other resturants we frequent. It was a nice change and worth it. The only downside was they did have a really large variety to choose from.....DH would say the downside was no ribs ;) . We'll def. go back as there's a few more entrees I wanna try.

Oh..... I had Smothered Chicken and DH had the Ribeye.

SizzlininIN said:
Oh..... I had Smothered Chicken and DH had the Ribeye.

Did you have to hold the pillow over the chicken's face, or did the chef smother it himself?

One of our local markets has a store brand of hand-cut pasta that is FABULOUS. So I picked up a pack of the hot chili pepper (& it's "violently" hot, unlike most flavored pastas) & boiled it up. Served it tossed with blanched, chopped broccoli rabe, lots of roughly chopped garlic, & sliced chicken chorizo sausage, all of which I sauteed in extra-virgin olive oil. Served it with slices of artisinal rosemary/garlic bread.

It's Comfort Food SOUP
Brown 1 pound round ground
add l whole chopped onion
1 bag Classic Cole Slaw Ready to eat Shredded Cabbage & carrots
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/4 cup brown sugar
salt and pepper
2 cans Low Fat Beef Broth
1 can water
1 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
After this comes to a boil add
1 cup rice(I use Wild Blend Organic Rice)
simmer - stir 45 minutes to 1 hour
ENJOY

Back
Top Bottom