Dinner for one

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rickell

Senior Cook
before i was married i always cooked myself a good dinner. that was
a long time ago both my kids and my hubby will be gone saturday
night and i have the whole night to myself. :shock:

what is your favorite meal for one? might grill fish:unsure:

a plain pizza, lots of chopped raw onions or shallots and garlic, a bottle of frank's hot sauce, and a 1.5 litre bottle of white zin.

by the time i'm finished eating and drinking everything, i have to lay down like a puppy that ate too much and it's belly is extended. it's not a pretty site.

buckytom said:
a plain pizza, lots of chopped raw onions or shallots and garlic, a bottle of frank's hot sauce, and a 1.5 litre bottle of white zin.

by the time i'm finished eating and drinking everything, i have to lay down like a puppy that ate too much and it's belly is extended. it's not a pretty site.

i bet the wine goes quick with all the onions and hot sauce:LOL:

I'd call dominos pizza!

I have never liked cooking for only myself. I find part of the joy is to share the meal with others. Plus, much of the preparation and time you put into the meal is the same whether you're cooking for 1 person or 4 people... so I usually don't cook for only myself.

However, when I do, and I can plan ahead... I love stuffed pork tenderloin.

I cut open in the middle and stuff it will all the random ingredients that I love and others in my family are picky about (feta cheese, jalapenos, mushrooms, etc). I let the loins sit in a marinade overnight and grill it up the next night.

With a bleu cheese salad it's one of my favorite things to eat and a pleasure I can usually only enjoy when for some reason my family isn't around!

depends upon my mood.... sometimes I cook up a feast, sometimes I make "breakfast," other times I order Chinese or Vietnamese food.

I don't usually cook much. I'll do a sandwich or breakfast food. hot dogs wrapped in croissants with cheese or grilled cheese with bacon and ketchup.

Pancakes, bruschetta, pizza on a baguette, baguette sandwich with "the works" (clean out the fridge method..:LOL: )... all similar concept, something hearty, tasty and produces minimum amount of "post cooking-meal wash up".

Or, you can always go for a huge heap of ice cream sundae, no one is looking!!:ROFLMAO:

I'm big on the old BLT standby for myself. Although I will admit that when I was single frequently dinner was a BIG bowl of popcorn and a Coke.

I've been known to make a supper out of popcorn and beer, Alix.
But if I'm actually cooking for myself, I usually cook up a mess of cabbage in chicken broth, with tomatoes, onions, garlic, baby carrots, and new potatoes. If I'm not dieting, I throw a smoked sausage in with it. If I skip the sausage, I melt a slice of Velveeta Lite on top of my bowl of cabbage. Either way, I like a piece of brown bread to soak up the good juices.

My wife does not like sushi, but it is my favorite food so on the rare occasions when I am not eating with her I will usually fill up on raw fish :)

GB thinks like me.

I will get takeout sushi and sit on the sofa, feet up, watch TV and chill out. My drink of choice is Champagne/sparkling wine.

o.k. great thoughts now i am thinking of something totally different
than fish on the grill. no one likes blue cheese but me :( so it is

going to have to definately involve blue cheese

rickell said:
i bet the wine goes quick with all the onions and hot sauce:LOL:

yup, a regular bottle, especially of white zin, goes down with just about the first 3 slices or so. that's why i get the bigg'un 1.5 L.

the 7th and 8th slices are overkill, but i just can't stop, it's so pizzalicious. :)
then i lay on my back, giant belly pointed up, and fall asleep, dreaming of chasing cats and cars, and getting annoyed when someone fakes throwing a ball...

buckytom said:
yup, a regular bottle, especially of white zin, goes down with just about the first 3 slices or so. that's why i get the bigg'un 1.5 L.

the 7th and 8th slices are overkill, but i just can't stop, it's so pizzalicious. :)
then i lay on my back, giant belly pointed up, and fall asleep, dreaming of chasing cats and cars, and getting annoyed when someone fakes throwing a ball...
do your legs run frantically in the air too??:-p

rickell said:
before i was married i always cooked myself a good dinner. that was
a long time ago both my kids and my hubby will be gone saturday
night and i have the whole night to myself. :shock:

what is your favorite meal for one? might grill fish:unsure:

Rickell, what kinds of foods/dishes do you like? Do you want to experiment in the kitchen, or go for an easy meal? Pasta and seafood dishes are some of my faves.

mish said:
Rickell, what kinds of foods/dishes do you like? Do you want to experiment in the kitchen, or go for an easy meal? Pasta and seafood dishes are some of my faves.

yes i would like to experiment not to long i have volley ball until 4:00
so i won't have alot of time til dinner.

i am thinking something with blue cheese for sure that is one thing
i love but do not get to use no one else likes it but me.

First off what do you like. I would definietly fix myself something that I really enjoy.

There is fish, beef stew, steak, chicken, veal, large caesar salad etc.

Whatever you make yourself enjoy.

When I was single, I cooked all sorts of things. Sandwiches, stir-fry, fajitas, quesadillas, and lots of sauteed items. Sometimes I'd do some chicken-fried steak. Occasionally, breakfast, although I did tend to cook myself a good omelette on my days off.

Sauteed "a-la-minute" type meals are really easy to do. Chicken Marsala, Veal Oscar, many pasta dishes, even stir-fry.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom