Dinner for Sept. 6th, Saturday.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

buckytom

Chef Extraordinaire
i was just informed that we are going for korean bbq tonight. i'm sure we'll order our usual: sae woo gui (marinated shrimp), dak gui (chicken), and jaeyuk gui (spicy pork).

roasted barley iced tea, rice, and banchan du jour on the sides.

what's on your table tonight?

Picked up a packet of spaghetti alla chittara the other day. Wish I hadn't bothered. It's square rather than round and rough which is supposed to make the sauce stick to it. Well, it might but it won't stay on the fork.

I had it with lemon, butter, garlic and some poached salmon. Tasted good but was very difficult and messy to eat because of the oddly shaped spaghetti which kept trying to escape all the time.

I'm going to make a tomato/basil/garlic sauce with ingredients from the garden for store-bought shrimp-crab ravioli and serve them with a green salad and crostini topped with homemade pesto, chopped garden tomatoes and finely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese.

Last edited:
Gonna surf and turf it with those thin cut steaks and colossal shrimp I shrunk wrapped and froze. Baked potato and a salad, french bread.

More leftovers. I need to do better with cooking for 2 rather than an army. I also see grilled cheese in our future.

Tried out a recipe for fast roast chicken (stuffed with lemon and garlic) on a bed of onion, carrots and potatoes. Was OK but a bit disappointing (lemon overpowering and garlic hardly noticeable...although a whole head was used, halved, inside the bird). Yet another recipe for the bin!

Cheesy Macaroni with sausages int tomato sauce. I simmered the sausage in the sauce for about an hour, then put them on top under the cheese...garlic bread and salad...

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 177
Oh, that looks good Rocklobster! :yum:

I fired up the Weber early this afternoon and grilled some chicken drums and Pattypan squash, and made a potato salad with bacon and hard cooked eggs to go alongside. Very good. Dinner is done, cleanup is done, and it's only 4:30. Yay! :LOL:

img_1385625_0_d4ef90ec7ac5e2e869871a755dd56393.jpg

Great looking food Rock and Cheryl ...

I'll be doing the second pork tenderloin from the package on the grill. It's been marinating in Noh Cha Shu marinade since yesterday. I'll use the grill basket for some fresh veggies, and also make some sort of thrown together fried rice.

We had chicken cordon bleu with mashed taters and green beans. Both DH and the yungun were home tonight for a change. Was nice to cook for the family again.

I was going to try two new recipes, one needed the grill. The weather radar looked like the second coming of Noah this afternoon/early evening, so I adjusted the meal. The "summery Greek salad with bulgur and mozzarella" side dish became the entree with the addition of my Dolly Parton boneless chicken breast going on the griddler and divided into our bowls, along with the addition of a plum tomato for each of us to give the dish some color. No watercress at the store, so I subbed arugula since they both have that peppery bite.

I'll make the Greek salad again with a couple of adjustment. First, the bulgur gets prepped the day before or earlier in the day...I forgot just how long it's supposed to soak. Also, the dish needed more olives. I'll either double the quantity of the green olives, or toss in an equal amount of Kalamata.

We are traveling in California, today we had two meals out. I had a prime rib sandwich with blue cheese for lunch, very yummy with a local Petaluma micro brew. Dinner was a very small order of bacon Mac and cheese with a sampler of micro brews, (different micro brewery) lol! We are supposed to be wine tasting!

Sent from my iPhone using Discuss Cooking

We are going to grill ribeye steaks. I'm doing a crock pot mac and cheese and green salad. Custard pie for later.

We are traveling in California, today we had two meals out. I had a prime rib sandwich with blue cheese for lunch, very yummy with a local Petaluma micro brew. Dinner was a very small order of bacon Mac and cheese with a sampler of micro brews, (different micro brewery) lol! We are supposed to be wine tasting!

Petaluma is such a beautiful area. Have a great vacation, bunny!

More leftovers. I need to do better with cooking for 2 rather than an army. I also see grilled cheese in our future.
:LOL::LOL:When I used to do smorgasbord (sorry TL, too lazy to find the characters to put the diacritics on) for Christmas (usually for 4-8 people), my guests would ask me if I had also invited the Swedish army to join us....and if so, the Swedish army must have been out of patrol because the SA was a no show... Ate the leftovers for a week (adhering to my "go big, or go home policy") and sent everyone home with a week's worth of leftovers...ummm...portion control ?]

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom