Dinner For Six

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
@dragnlaw yes we are well in our autumn down here and winter not too far away!
I will be looking more closely at winter warmer meals in coming weeks, so keep them coming!

Too funny! I was actually thinking of a stuffed and rolled pork. Summer is coming on here so I keep trying to think of something on a lighter side. Pressing and slicing super thin would be great for a cold meat.

Jade you're going into fall/winter now. taxy, is a rullepolse ever served hot? (and therefore I would guess without the pressing)?
I have never heard of serving the cured one hot. It's very much like the rolled roast, called a "rullesteg", but the rullesteg isn't cured. And, of course, the rullesteg is served hot. Hmm, I guess you could uses thin slices of that in a sandwich.

The rullesteg with the rosemary and basil is braised on the stove top, not in the oven. I think that's better in summer than heating up the house with the oven. Also, in the oven, the roast isn't covered. On the stove top, it's covered and simmers for about an hour. But, the cover means that the braising liquid doesn't evaporate much. You can make a lot of really tasty sauce/gravy with that liquid.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom