Dinner For Sunday, May 19th 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i'm not sure yet. we have 6 hours of baseball practice today. :huh:

a 2 hour all around clinic for kids 6 to 10 years old, then a 2 hour team practice, then a 2 hour all-star preliminary clinic for the 9 and 10 year olds.

i'll be lucky to still have a wife by tonight. :ermm:

i'm guessing we'll get takeout italian since there's a great little mom and pop place just down the block from the field, and we won't be home until after 6.

Last edited:
We will be having a Cuban style pork roast with the fixings. I might just try it on the rotisserie.

Still birthdaying, so will have my birthday dinner tonight. We'll have grilled steaks, sauteed mushrooms and onions, tossed salad, a tot or so of Shiraz, and a birthday-sized slice of strawberry cheesecake ice cream cake made by Ms. Dairy Queen. I think I'll start with the cake.:rolleyes:

We're having leftovers from last night's Cuban dinner - garlic roasted pork butt, black beans and rice and tomato and avocado salad with lime and cumin dressing.

Ham fried rice. I want to try out my new Asian market condiments.

Arroz con pollo. Jello with strawberries for dessert. :yum::yum: Some friends at church grew the strawberries, and they are so good!

I had dinner at Red Hot & Blue this evening, 20 of the Hoochie Coochie Hot wings and then the Smokehouse salad with pulled chicken and brisket. YUM YUM!!!

After all the posts in the Trader Joe's thread we stopped there today. Kayelle's endorsement of the mushroom ravioli with truffle sauce came my way while Himself got Mexican - taquitas and burritos. Easy peasy dinner. :)

Had some hyperchocolate cake at home so we each had a slice with a bit of vanilla ice cream. A real carb-and-calorie loaded dinner but you live only once! :LOL:

goddess, speaking of mushroom ravioli, 'la pasta' makes the most delicious fresh ravioli, filled with an exotic mushroom mixture of porcini, portobello, shiitake, and crimini mushrooms. the la pasta plant is located in silver springs, maryland, and i don't know how far they ship their product. but if ever you see it, or any pasta made by them, buy it. trust me on this. the exotic mushroom filled ravioli reminds one of truffles. the raviolis themselves are delectable and toothy little eggy squares, with a medley of deep and intensely satisfying mushroom flavors within....(swoon)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom