Dinner Friday, 1-8-2016

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
Figured it might be a good idea starting this before the eastern half of the country is in bed. :LOL:

I'm pushing myself out the door to grocery shop and coming home to no leftovers in the fridge. :ohmy: Unless something pops into my head while shopping, we're probably looking at a good stand-by: Breakfast For Supper.

What will you be "scrambling" to make for dinner tonight?

Good idea, CG! :LOL:

I'm fixin' to make a meatloaf for this afternoon's dinner. It's been a while since I've made one, and I'm looking forward to meatloaf sandwiches with the leftovers. That may even be the main reason I make it. :)

Not real sure about sides yet. I'm thinking sautéed mushrooms and onions, mashed potatoes (maybe), and steamed broccoli.

Vegetable soup with turkey stock and wild rice here in my little Nesco roaster.

Last edited:
I've got baby potatoes roasting in the oven. I'll broil up some burgers when the potatoes are done. Not sure what else I'll make if anything. We have pound cake for dessert.

We, on the other hand, have plenty of leftovers :LOL: I had a late lunch of chicken-lentil stew with a toasted yeast roll and DH just had warmed-up pasta stuff from last Sunday. We also have leftover stuffed shells; I may have a few later on.

I'm trying to eat out of the freezer as much as possible for a couple weeks, so I can fill it up again ;)

It's a balmy (for early January) 38 F here, the patio has been cleared of snow so I can get to the grill, so it's burgers, oven fries, and coleslaw. As much as we're pretending it's still summer, no flip flops!

Leftovers here too... I made CheeseSteaks and Sausage-Peppers and Onions on the last of our Amoroso Rolls from the deep freeze last night ... um, what do you call them? In Philadelphia they're just that, I call them sandwiches :stuart: ...
I've also got some of that Lasagna left from when DH's buddy came over for dinner; gotta finish that ...
I also have a small bit of Gumbo with Rice we simply must eat...
dessert... leftover CHEESECAKE! :yum: There's half of a cake left in the feezer, I suppose I could LEAVE it there, but it keeps calling my name, REALLY LOUD, especially late at night :LOL: ...

*note:we're trying to finish up all of the 'good stuff' and go back into diet, I mean eating better mode, hopefully we can do this starting Sunday, we'll see.
DH asked this afternoon, "Do I have anything for a snack?"
ME - NOPE! Eat an apple
:shock:
"WHAT?! No snack today?"
:blink:

Did my meatloaf, sautéed mushrooms and onions, mashed 'taters (pulled from the freezer and doctored up), steamed broccoli and carrots. YUM. I'm stuffed, but already looking forward to a meatloaf sandwich tomorrow.

Attachments

• 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 182
Thanks, kgirl! I messed up the sequence here, I accidentally deleted the pic and had to post it again. :wacko: :LOL:

Ha, at first I thought I missed a picture! You're right Kgirl...that looks sooo good Cheryl.

For most of us, it looks like leftovers..same here. I'm having some chili verde, and SC is having the last of the roasted thighs, along with contents of whatever containers need to be eaten.
Fresh food tomorrow.

:LOL: Thanks, Kay!

kgirl and Kay, my veggie bins are full of fresh goodies now, too - lots of salad fixin's, and the fruit bowl is loaded up. I'm determined to eat more fresh foods this year. I do pretty good throughout the year, but striving to do better.

After I make a big ol' Mexican feast from a combination of recent threads, that is. :D :yum:

Good looking meal Cheryl.

Tonight we had Linda's Pot of Pig, with boiled potatoes, and crudités served with homemade dip and vinaigrette. There was also a bottle of Royal de Neuville. It was hard to stop eating, even after we were full. :pig:

Attachments

• IMG_20160108_204432.jpg
    IMG_20160108_204432.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 169
  • Pot of Pig with Stirling.jpg
    Pot of Pig with Stirling.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 191
Back
Top Bottom