Dinner - Friday 16th November

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Regallion

Cook
Bought some pork belly this morning which is currently marinading in some spices.

Will roast it later for 2 hours or so to make some crispy chinese belly pork (I hope!)

?? Paul just left for his last hunting adventure of the year. I'll grab take out on the way home. I'm not sure what though. Mexican sounds good!

don't know what it will be, but do know it'll be Costa Rican faire, as that's where I am:huh:

Lefse, I'm awfully jealous of you today!

It's really cold and blustery here so I have a big pot of bolognese sauce on the stove. We'll have that over pasta (whatever shape I have in the pantry) along with some steamed broccoli and garlic bread.

Lefse, I'm jealous too. We're supposed to be there in March so you'll have to tell me what is good to eat there.

I'm undecided about dinner. I have an Asian beef and peapod recipe I thought I might try, but I'm really in a pork roast kind of mood. I'd sort of like either that or some potato skins. Mmmmmmmmm.

Keeping it simple tonight because we are still in between moving from this house to the next, so I'll pull some pasta sauce and meatballs out of the freezer and serve that over whatever pasta I have in the cupboard, maybe grab some garlic bread when I go to the store later.

Not sure what I will be eating for supper tonight, but unless something goes wrong, I do know it will be at Applebee's. I just joined a local Christian Women's message board and some of us are getting together to meet and talk. My best friend is also a member, so at least I will know one person there. Poor James! He has been gone all week and will be babysitting Christi's boys until her husband comes home from work. But he doesn't have to go back to school all next week, so we will still have a lot of time together. I will either bring him something back from Applebee's or pick some fast food up for him (whichever he wants).

:) Barbara

Barbara L, that lady's night with the Christian women sounds like a fulfilling night indeed. Those type of folks are usually so nurturing and as one stated, make new friends while a proven one is there too. Good for you, have a great night. I usually get the Caesar Salad there at Applebees, sans any meat, no chicken needed as it's a meal in itself.

To PA Baker, now about being envious, it's lovely here today. The skies want to burst, the rain forest looks so green and the temp is a balmy warmth. I'm blessed to be here but you know, I'd love to be in Philly right now too.

Alix, as for as what foods to eat in March when you arrive and if you've not been here, you're in for a lovely surprise. We really enjoy the pork and chicken here. It seems that every meal our family chooses at any meal, unless I'm cooking it, is pork or chicken. Also, you know they'd have great beans and rice and they do but their pastries are yummy. I have 3 different kinds on the prettiest little plate on this table in my room, just waiting for my face to unnumb. Who comes to Costa Rica and looks up a dentist? < For sure, only I:wacko:

I'm not cooking tonight. Fast food and a movie tonight. I believe it's Taco Bell to be exact, which means I'll be having a Chicken Quesadilla .

Tonight it is 35'F, I am grilling burgers, fries, pickles, olives,and hot pepper rings. Easy and yummy - gotta get my gloves on - chilly out !!

Hot turkey sammiches with gravy and homemade cranberry sauce, couldn't wait til next week:LOL: and baked butternut squash with salt,pepper and lotsa butter! vanilla pudding for dessert.

kadesma

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom