Dinner Friday, 2-18-2022 ~ National Oh-So-Many-Holidays Day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
According to the National Days Calendar, there are five different celebrations you can (or can not) participate in. My choice is National Wine Day - which, honestly, is celebrated here most every day. :cool:

I bought a decent sized rotisserie chicken when shopping yesterday. I'll be making a pot of Creamy Chicken and Wild Rice soup today. Himself has mentioned that he's getting tired of soup :)ohmy: how dare he!), but he'll never turn down a bowl or more of this one.

What are your plans for tonight?

I braved the cold to grill tonight. We had pork tenderloin kebobs marinated in hoisin and five spice along with green beans.

67C5CB1E-E92A-452C-AF78-5DF5E40C0096_1_105_c.jpg

We had a boneless pork loin roast that was liberally coated with Montreal Seasoning and dry brined in the refrigerator, then cooked sous vide. Used the savory juices to make a sauce. Didn't want to waste all those savory flavors.

Baked sweet potatoes and Kroger's cranberry "Celebration Salad," which is a mix of fresh cranberries, sugar, pineapple, chopped celery and chopped walnuts. Oh, so good with anything pork or chicken.

French coconut pie for dessert. Yum, yum, yummers. This pie is definitely a keeper. I've made it twice in the last 4 weeks. Thinking about adding some toasted chopped pecans to it, too. Perhaps next time. And, there WILL be a next time.

Here's a link for anyone interested:

https://www.savingdessert.com/pie-no-18-french-coconut-pie/

I'm making spaghetti with meat sauce. Thanks to Mrs. Horowitz and her 7th grade Home Ec class! ;-) It is quick, easy, tasty and DH loves it. Just the ticket for a lovely day before they say it will snow, snow, snow! I've declared Spring here at Camp Corgi. I've changed accent pillows, kitchen towels and guest room linens to reflect same! And, I've started a new flower garden! Hydro, but a garden all the same.

We had a craving for Indian food, so we ordered from our favourite Indian resto, Sahib. We got chicken tikka, lamb patiala, Madras chicken, lamb samosas, roti, and poppadoms. That was really good.

I finally got to catch up on some badly needed sleep today, so after dw went to bed, I made a couple of pepperoni pita pizzas.

Attachments

• 0218222346d.jpg
    0218222346d.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 21
Back
Top Bottom