Dinner Friday March 9

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
jkath said:
My younger boy's having a sleepover, so it's pizza here. C'mon over, Amber - I'm sure we'll have plenty!

Thanks jkath! My husband decided he wants leftover chili, so thats what he's getting, and I browsed the market today and found some fresh sea scallops and bought some for myself and probably have a salad with that. Have fun with the sleepover!

Today is Friday and I get my hair done. I might meet a friend afterwards and go out to dinner but I have no idea what we may be in the mood for.

Yum! DH cooked for me!!

And I really was hungry by then. Simple but delicious, a plain chicken breast and a new to me vegetable: its called agretti or barba di frati in Italian. I googled it and in English it is soda ash or saltwort. We dressed it with lemon and a little oil.....yummy yummy!

I'm fryin' up some crappie & serving some cole slaw & cauliflower. My DH fishes every Saturday & we have quite a few crappie in the freezer, so Fridays have been pretty much designated Crappie Date Night (pronounced craw-py not with the short a). I had some leftover rice in the fridge, went to the store & picked up some white chocolate instant pudding (fat & sugar free) & mixed it up for dessert. Yum!

We had our big meal at noon today. I had to go to the doctor, so when I finally got out of there, DH took me to a little pub, in a small town about 5 miles away, for a fish sandwich. Wow! There were two big, thick, crispy, non-greasy, fillets of cod on thick-sliced white bread. It was served with a very flavorful, sweet vinaigrette based slaw, with perfect onion rings, dill pickle slices, sliced raw onion, and a very tasty tartar sauce. I am a catsup fan, though, so I opted for the red stuff.

Yesterday the market had lovely extra-large wild-caught shrimp on sale, so I bought a pound & made Shrimp Parmegian (sp?). Sauteed the shrimp until "almost" done in some extra-virgin olive oil & chopped garlic, then layered them in 2 individual-size oval casserole dishes with jarred marinara sauce (kicked up with some burgundy wine), freshly grated parmesan cheese, & freshly grated mozzarella cheese. Served the casseroles with a pasta side (tossed with the same sauce) & a green salad.

Enough leftovers for 1 or 2 good lunches!!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom