Dinner Friday Oct. 6 !

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barb L.

Master Chef
Not quite sure yet - either spagetti, w/garlic bread and salad, - or Kimbaby's Tater Tot Casserole ! Wanna make a dessert of some sort ????? Have a super Friday and weekend ! :-p

It's getting chilly here so I am going to make a big pot of spicy beef and veggie soup tonight. Can't wait:)

I`m doing Smoked Chili Pig-Bird with Ranch salad, or that`s what I call it anyway.

basicly it`s uncooked turkey breasts cut into long thick strips, that`s then put on one end of a slice of German smoked black forest cured ham (it`s waffer thin) then a strip of home-grown Chili pepper is put on that and then rolled up and held in place with a toothpick, I`ve made 20 of these, they`ll be cooked in the oven for about 20 mins on medium/high heat.
and there`s no need to add salt either, the ham, even though quite thin is plenty salty/smokey enough.

the ranch salad is pre-made at the shop and shredded, I just make the dressing for it, and that`s basicly mayo, lime juice, grated parmesan, a dash of tobasco (also home-made).

nothing fancy or Chefy at all really, but tastes great :)

edited: thanx to Buckytom pointing out a rather Critical flaw!

Last edited:
No cooking for me tonight. We are going to Dee Felice, a New Orleans style diner tonight. YUM!

I don't know. My cold is stil streaming....hence time to get on line l;ast couple of days...too coldy to do much else! I just don't feel up o cooking tonight. Its quite squally here so whilst I am tempted to have the low effort option of fruit, un fussed with, I feel hot food would be more useful. Also I guess my mother needs a hot meal. I think I am going to admit defeat and drive to the next village for fish and chips, a pickled gerkin and a dose of mushy peas. Any excuse for fish 'n' chips.

A stew-type dish made with a poussin and lots of vegetables, plus mashed potato.
Unless, of course, I can persuade lulu to bring me over some fish and chips!

gratin dauphinoise of potato, celeriac, parsnip and leek
roasted onion and fenel with asparagus.

I was going to make Steak and potato cheese pierogis.
But that'll have to wait until tomorrow. I'm going to a
candle party and she'll have stuff there to eat.

yt, that sounds really good. umm, what's homegrown? i'm sure it has a somewhat different meaning here in the states.

i'm making a costco run, then i'm probably gonna finish up the veal and peppers i started last night.

still haven't made the cioppino, so i may make that too. the squid and shrimp should be ok as they were still frozen when i bought them on tuesday. if it's not raining, i may grill the squid and shrimp on skewers.

aha! good point, I should edit that post to include the words "Chili pepper" :)
otherwise it sounds a little *Ehem* Strange and probably ilegal EEK!

thnx for the heads-up ;)

Today's Lunch!

Home ice-box aged New York Strip w/Wild Mushroom Pan Sauce.
Had to use up the 'shrooms from playing around w/Marsala recipes.
Oh, and a hunk-o warm bread from the local bake-shop.

mushroomsteak.jpg

Beats the local take-out! :)

That looks delicious Nicholas. Normally we get take out on Friday, but I decided on pork chops and rice tonight, and some veggies.

Nicholas Mosher said:
Today's Lunch!

Home ice-box aged New York Strip w/Wild Mushroom Pan Sauce.
Had to use up the 'shrooms from playing around w/Marsala recipes.
Oh, and a hunk-o warm bread from the local bake-shop.

mushroomsteak.jpg

Beats the local take-out! :)
I almost liked the screen !! Sure looks awesome !

YT2095 said:
sorry for the OT questions, but I`m just Curious :)

This is Re: Perogie recipe. Look at this thread. My baba's recipe is there and there are others as well. Feel free to bump that thread with any questions you might have.

We are having either chicken stir fry or perogies (store bought) and sausage tonight. It will entirely depend on my energy level come supper hour. That and whether Ken is home in time to drive munchkins to dance lessons, thus leaving me free to cook.

lulu, I completely sympathize with the idea about hot food. I don't feel like doing anything food related today and an orange would do me fine for dinner, but I think the rest of the family might protest a bit.

I made a batch of Mexican Chicken and Barley chili. We'll have salads and some grilled bread with it. The weather cooperated with the menu, too--it's cold and dreary here, perfect chili weather!

Chicken, Gyro Style here (if I get off the computer and get it finished). When I'm having sandwiches, it's no fair posting a picture like that Nicholas. It looks fantastic!

Back
Top Bottom