Dinner - Friday the 14th of Dec

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was thinking about chili. Dunno, it's early yet and I may change my mind 6 times.

I had seafood in both my breakfast (tuna sandwich) and my lunch (sauteed prawn and squid salad with a lime and coriander dressing - very yum!) today, so I pop into the supermarket after finishing my Christmas present shopping and picked up a piece of tropical snapper. It was larger than I needed for sashimi for one but only a couple of my cats could be bothered waking up to find out what I was eating for dinner, so guess I willl be having fish for lunch on Saturday as well! I admit it wasn't the best fillet for sashimi but it was the freshest looking fillet in the store, which I thought was more important. Presented terribly, tasted brilliantly!!! LOL

It's just me tonight, the boyfriend has his Christmas party so I'm going to make a childhood favorite of mine. It's kind of weird, but I like it. It's cheese toast with ketchup and bacon on top. Then i'm off to see a movie.

It's just me tonight, the boyfriend has his Christmas party so I'm going to make a childhood favorite of mine. It's kind of weird, but I like it. It's cheese toast with ketchup and bacon on top. Then i'm off to see a movie.
I don't think that strange at all!! Every so often, I will make a cheese and bacon toasted sandwich with tomato sauce on top of the bacon!:chef:

I'm glad someone else eats something similar, my boyfriend turns green when he sees me making it. I have no idea how my mother came up with the dish when I was young, but it somehow stuck.

We're having friends over so its venison with onion,garlic,bacon,mushroom and parmesan stuffing, roasted baby tomatoes,onions,peppers,olives and basil leaves with olive oil and balsamic dressing and roasted baby potatoes. Oh and chicory baked with sage leaves and parmesan - have never made chicory before so hopefully it tastes OK!

?? I have no idea yet...
I'll be shopping after work. Maybe... just soup and sandwiches. Or pizza!!!!

leftover smorgasbord...4 or 5 things in the fridge in small amounts ... kinda fun actually, and tasty too! (except the ones that walk away by themselves... we let them leave quietly)

Chicken Pot Pie. I pulled the dough for the crusts out of the freezer and put it in the fridge this morning.

tonight's my union's christmas party (anyone in earshot is invited) at kennedy's on west 57th in nyc. a huge buffet, and all you can drink from 4p to 10p, on my union. we call it the $1300 dollar meal, as that's about what we pay in union dues. so i'm looking to make back my $1300.

i'll be there for a while, but have to go home since i have to be back in at 11p.

if anyone shows up, just tell them you're a guest of buckytom, from control. i'm sure someone will know me, and they'll take care of you. i'm sure they'll tell you a few stories before i get back in. :pig::wacko::angry::ROFLMAO::rolleyes::huh::angel:

Started a crock of chili. Will cook some rice to go with and maybe salads. Need to check the lettuce situation first. Have the cheese and sour cream. may make some cornbread.

Chili here - no beans. Made a big pot of it, so some will go in the freezer.
Jalapeno corn bread

Picked up a container of fresh mixed fruit from the deli. Will munch on that later.

Back
Top Bottom