Dinner ideas for Sunday, Sept 16, 2007

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We are having before hand a brie with pistashios and honey served with small slices of baguette or apple slices..Dinner, tri-tip,sauteed mushrooms,baby artichokes in butter, a little chix broth, garlic, chopped parsley, green salad with pears,toasted almonds,butter lettuce, twice baked potatoes with bacon, sour cream, butter, and sliced green onions. Italian bread warm and dripping butter, parmesan and garlic...Dessert is Goodweeds chocolate cake with ice cream or whipped cream on top;) Thats it this week...

kadesma

Pork Tenderloin, browned and finished in the oven. A little butter and wine added to the pan juices for sauce. Brabant potatoes, Broccoli sprinkled with butter/lemon juice, sauted carrots, and spice cake with whipped cream!

beer can chicken .. smashed red potatoes .. green beans with hamhocks ..
biscuits .. gravy .. and a small salad of some sort ..
and some sausage i have out to throw on the grill ..
i sure love sunday ..

It's a beautiful day for grilling here in southeastern VA, so we're having grilled Italian sausage with grilled peppers and onions over pasta.

Yummm, UB that spice cake sounds lovely!

I just made a delicious veggie sauce with courgettes, onion, bell pepper, sliced stuffed spanish olives and mushrooms...sauteed with loads of herbs and tomatoes. I made the same sauce for the boy but with ground turkey (and no olives since he hates them!). We had it served over whole wheat penne pasta and a lovely bottle of wine. YUMMY!

Chilly here, 63' and breeze off the lake. I decided to grill steaks, baked potatoes, portabella's topped with mozz.cheese, sweet corn and garlic bread.

Today is a beauty here. Fall like crispness. I made a breakfast of raisin french toast, baked anise cookies and now waiting on buffalo wings, cream cheese and bacon wontons to enjoy with my hubby over cocktails on the patio. If we are hungry later I have burgers and my "special" sauce to go on them.

"" Brabant potatoes, "

I've never made them. Care to share the recipe, Uncle bob? Pls and Thx!

We're pretending we're in the UK today. Prime rib roast, Yorkshire pudding, roasted potatoes, carrots, and onions, gravy and salad. I think we'll be too full for dessert! :)

pork roast...carrots....and potatoes in the crock pot. threw some italian dressing and water in to cover.

Well, it's after the fact, but Buck and I enjoyed almond-crusted chicken breasts and, with Uncle Bob's inspiration, Brabant potatoes. I'm still "wiped" after a weekend helping my brother with a huge yard sale, so dinner was sparse.

a good day of eatin'.

for brekkie, taylor ham, egg and cheese on plain bagels; or eggwhites and bacon on whole wheat bagels.

we had lunch at an octoberfest: sauerbraten, smoked pork chops, warm pickled red cabbage, sauerkraut, and cinnamon applesauce.
cotton candy for dessert.

dinner was a pizza and italian house salad.

and now i'm running out for a lambburger, with greek bean salad and fries.

Last night I grilled some butterflied quail out on the charcoal grill, along with 2 individual foil packets of veggies (sliced red potatoes, yellow & zucchini squash, red onion, garlic, sliced pitted green olives, fresh thyme, salt, pepper, & extra virgin olive oil). Delicious (although I still can't warm up to quail much - too little meat on lots of little bones - lol!!).

Back
Top Bottom