Dinner. Jan 2, 2008

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Had to switch gears. Was supposed to have had grilled salmon, but had a recipe hiccup and will be having tilapia breaded with panko crumbs and ground almonds, then crisped up in oil. Will make a side of canned whole potatoes with butter and parsley. Not sure what else but, certainly, will have more holiday sweets for desserts. I swear that stuff multiplies when we're not looking. I don't think we'll ever eat all the Christmas sweets.

I took out of the freezer, from Christmas day...

...the other half of that fillet mignon in the crock pot, I know, too good of a meat to put in a crock but that's what I did and in there too are potatoes and carrots with a natural au jus that's a bit spiked with a little apricot preserve/cumin/house seasoning.
Barb L's cake for my son and his fiance, this time it's classic yellow with lemon chiffon pie filling and lemon poppy seed chocolate chip bread in the bread machine with butter.

Like many of you, I had nachos for lunch today, but for dinner we had baked haddock, fries, and salad.

...the other half of that fillet mignon in the crock pot, I know, too good of a meat to put in a crock but that's what I did and in there too are potatoes and carrots with a natural au jus that's a bit spiked with a little apricot preserve/cumin/house seasoning.

Oh, LL, you and I seem to be birds of a feather - I once made a beef stew for 60 out of sirloin tip because I got it cheaper at Costco than I could get stew beef or anything else anywhere! People were saying it was the most tender stew beef they had ever tasted! I will have to try the crock pot fillet!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom