Dinner, March 18th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ironchef

Executive Chef
Porcini and Asparagus Risotto

I was off today, and don't normally cook. The "What's in your Freezer" thread got me thinking, so I went through my pantry and found that I had some dried porcini mushrooms. My GF had bought asparagus the other day, and since she's always complaining how I NEVER cook for her at home (hey what do you expect, I do it 5-6 days out of the week), I decided to make a Porcini and Aspargus Risotto with White Truffle Oil.

Attachments

• porcini-risotto.jpg
    porcini-risotto.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 259
  • porcini-risotto2.jpg
    porcini-risotto2.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 281
Last edited:
Got a kick out of this because I made porcini risotto for dinner earlier this week. Right now I'm avoiding asparagus because it is all imported and it will be very soon that local asparagus will be coming in and I'll be eating it constantly. I can't wait. I'm building up the anticipation! Also morel mushrooms. It's just funny to see someone made almost the same meal I did. I made my risotto as a side dish to a sort of pork snitzel picata with a light salad on the side. Hubby and I have been eating the risotto for a few days now. But the photo looks great and looks very close to my own dinner. Yummyumm.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom