Dinner menu for January 6th, Sunday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
tonights dinner started Dec 19th, the day I received via UPS, a, ewwwwwwwww, a mushroom kit.:mad:. Ever since my botany class in college, I have not been fond of fungii. (except for morels!!) And I certainly did not want mushrooms growing in my house:blink:. But I started the kit:ermm:, and today I harvested my first portabellas. So I made pizza...

I used a no knead bread recipe for the crust, some home canned pizza sauce , sauteed onions, 'shrooms, garlic in butter and olive oil, and mozz cheese, and a dusting of salt and oregano...very nice..:cool:;)

Rib Eye on the grill, cheddar mashed on the side.. I will probably forgo the wine, but an after dinner drink of Brinley gold coffee rum mixed with Starbucks coffee liqueur will just hit the spot...

too bad I'm out of crab... a little deviled crab on the steak would really finish it off..

EDIT--:Made cheddar potato cakes and fried them instead of plain cheddar mashed.. Floured and fried very crisp---nice addition to the meal.

Last edited:
French chicken in a pot per the January & February issue of Cook's Illustrated. Roasted potato wedges and buttered baby peas. Christmas candy for dessert. We've almost finished eating all the Christmas sweets. Buck and I don't eat a lot of sweets, so it's taking us a while to finish all the yummies from the holiday.

i dragged my butt up to the palisades mall. dw went shopping, the boy went crazy in a jungle gym/video game place. i used toothpicks for my eyes.

then we went to fridays for dinner. i had an unremarkable tiny piece of flat iron steak, with steamed broccoli that tasted like the kid who chopped it was scratching his butt, and there were no spuds. how freakin' cheap does a place have to get that it gives you the option of a$$ veggies or potatoes, i ask you?

we came home, and now i'm at work.

i have a vertical interval analysis to perform at 2am, then i'm going out for lamb souvlaki, or a coupla 3 hot dogs from grey's papaya.

Last edited:
chicken marsala, garlic smashed potatoes and french cut green beans with a butter sauce. yeast rolls at the side.

Back
Top Bottom