Dinner Mmmmm-Monday, 10-7-2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
It's dinnertime in the eastern US time zone for some. Then there are the late people like us who eat during the news...the 10PM news, that is! :LOL:

What yummies will you be having today? I have apple cider brined boneless pork chops that will get cooked on my Griddler today due to the weather. Going to try and bake some smashed potatoes; while they're in the oven I'll cook asparagus on my CI grill pan. Salad - maybe, maybe not. Might chill some white Wine du Boite to go with since dinner is what Himself would deem "fancy". Fancy is ALWAYS an excuse for wine! :LOL:

No cooking when the Red Sox and Rays playoff game starts at 6:00PM. Ordering Chinese tonight.

I'm going to grill some wings... as soon as they've thawed enough to break apart. I had anticipated knowing a day in advance when I would want them and did not freeze them separately. Lesson learned.
Also going on the grill will be potato wedges and the usual veggies will round things out.

Turkey chili and a salad. I use turkey because I also use chorizo sausage and that stuff is heavy. Delicious, though.

I don't mind cooking during a regular season game. But really, then it's really background and you have to wait for the replay of a great play to really see it.

The man apparently loves his baseball.
Although I've been thinking of getting another TV for the kitchen and moving that one out by the grill :rolleyes:
Shoot. I should have ran an HDMI cable out there when I was running that gasline. Shoot.

At the Dr. all day so I picked up a frozen mexican enchilada dinner and spent the rest of the afternoon figuring out my medications (6).

The dinner was pretty good, with enough left over for another meal.

I was out and about this afternoon. Picked up an order of Vietnamese egg rolls to re-crsip in the oven. Had a late breakfast / lunch at home and I'm still not hungry. The egg rolls are proably just right for a late supper or light snack later.

Got some "Artisan" local cherry wood smoked bacon, hydro bib lettuce, an heirloom tomato so it's BLT tonight, with some black garlic aioli and muenster cheese on good ol white bread.

Sous Vide Salmon with Fresh Green Beans. Start out the week healthy in order to not feel so guilty when Thursday and Friday are pizza!

I made a casserole with hamburger, green beans, onion and mushroom soup, worcestershire sauce, tater tots and cheese. It came out pretty good.

I had a repeat of last night, chicken, potato and asparagus. I'm taking the rest to work tomorrow. Then the chicken carcass is going into the soup pot for some GG Minestrone next weekend.

I made a casserole with hamburger, green beans, onion and mushroom soup, worcestershire sauce, tater tots and cheese. It came out pretty good.

This sounds like something my husband throws together except he uses home fries and no cheese.

Back
Top Bottom