Dinner Monday, 10-8-2018 ~ National Kick Butt Day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
National Kick Butt Day is designed for self-motivation. In my little world, it will be remembered as the day that the Houston Astros baseball team kicked the butts of the Cleveland Indians right out of the playoffs. :cry:

I considered an all-liquid dinner of Bourbon, vodka, and rum. After careful consideration and thinking about the health of our livers, I settled on end pork chops stovetop-simmered in onions, mashed potatoes, and green beans.

What's your plan?

Pork chops here also.Baked low and slow w/ sauerkraut & tomatoes. Then chip mint cheesecake. GO Yankees....

39817-albums888-picture7612.jpg
[/IMG]

S&P I do love seeing your pictures in lots of your posts.

I made an inspired minestrone soup because it is the end of the garden and there are vegetables everywhere around my kitchen and some still in the garden.

I made macaroni and ground beef for the guys, they'll put the soup over the mac and beef. I'll eat the soup itself. I love this time of year.

What I would like - to go to the pho restaurant in our neighbourhood and have either pho or tempura.

What we will probably do - eat leftovers from our Thanksgiving dinner last night with TB's family.

The good thing about that - we can watch The Voice Blind Auditions while we eat.

Mussels with chorizo and tomatoes, dutch oven bread, green salad.

After my experience with baguettes, I tried freezing a loaf of bread. I usually make a half-size loaf of DO bread in a 3 qt. CI DO. I picked up the small ones (I have two) at Kohls on Black Friday for $15 or less. After thawing, I reheat the bread for 5 minutes or so at 300 F to firm up the crust. I'm happy to report that the bread thaws and reheats wonderfully, and the crust is actually a bit crunchier. From now on I'll make two at a time, with one for the freezer.

Just go to the Residence Inn in Columbus Ohio. Meetings all day tomorrow and back to the ATL. not much eating and zero cooking. But some good wine. My Braves are getting their butt kicked by LA

Got an inspiration to try a new recipe for shrimp. Read over a bunch of online recipes and used them as the inspiration to create one of my own based on ingredients I have on hand. We ended up with a pretty tasty Cajun shrimp in cream sauce with farfalle. The easy test was that I liked it. The acid test is that SO really liked it so it's a keeper.

Joey, if you give me some cheesecake, I'll root for your Yankees. [emoji15] *shudder* Never mind, I just cannot do that.

Himself doesn't like previously frozen pork chops. I couldn't pass up the sale this past spring, though - 79 cents a pound! He loved dinner, proving that onions>freezer flavor. [emoji38]
IMG_20181008_211026455.jpg

Looks delicious, CG...and I could go for a slice of Joey's mint cheesecake. :yum:

I had some refried beans, salsa, and other goodies to use up, so I built a tostada for this afternoon's dinner. Still stuffed, but I might have room for strawberry ice cream topped with some blueberries a little later.

I did my "Greek Thighs" tonight but cut the Orzo combination by half and added halved green stuffed olives, as my Meyer Lemon tree is loaded with green lemons, but no ripe ones. I found one old very ripe one, enough for the needed 1/4 cup juice. There were no pretty ones to slice though.
No matter.
Roasted asparagus completed the meal. Yumm.

National Kick Butt Day is designed for self-motivation. In my little world, it will be remembered as the day that the Houston Astros baseball team kicked the butts of the Cleveland Indians right out of the playoffs. :cry:

Hey, the Browns beat the Ratbirds yesterday, and are now tied with the Steelers... in last place. :(

A rainy night in Texas, Such a rainy night in Texas, Lord, I believe it's rainin' all over the world. :D

So, I went with comfort food, which for me, means pasta. Penne with diced bacon, onion, garlic, hot red peppers and basil (peppers and basil from the garden that is growing like crazy right now). Oh, and some Parmigiano-Reggiano.

CD

Attachments

• PenneBacon001.jpg
    PenneBacon001.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 129
I prefer thinking of it as tied for third place. :)

Um, you do realize there are only for teams in the division? :rolleyes:

Being a Browns fan, you have had a few years to adapt to this kind of experience. As a Steelers fan, I'm going through emotional trauma. And a fair bit of anger. :mad:

It looks like the Browns finally drafted a good quarterback -- he's definitely not "Johnny Football."

CD

What I would like - to go to the pho restaurant in our neighbourhood and have either pho or tempura.

What we will probably do - eat leftovers from our Thanksgiving dinner last night with TB's family.

The good thing about that - we can watch The Voice Blind Auditions while we eat.

We did stay home as I had no energy to go anywhere. I had my last bowl (I hope) of soup - this time broccoli cheddar. I have my dentist appointment tomorrow to get the permanent crowns and hopefully the space between them will be fixed so I can chew again.

TB had Italian sausage with carrots and tomatoes.

Dessert was more ice cream birthday cake.

2u41zt3.jpg

The final dinner meal from my wife’s village at her house, curry pork with pumpkin, basil pork with cashews, fried fish from their farm and lots of condiments. Tomorrow night we will have our final Thailand dinner from a restaurant in Bangkok, I’m so ready to go home

Kidney stone passing wore me out so, Jeannie tried her hand @ making dinner..

She (with my encouragement) pan fried fish fillets and put together a nice green salad..

Was a nice dinner that I didn't have to cook.. :)

Ross

Back
Top Bottom