Dinner Monday, 4-3-2017 ~ Play Ball!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
In spite of three games being played yesterday, TODAY is the start of the new baseball season for me, and Andy, and anyone else who cheers on the Boys of Summer. In honor of this high Holy Day, Himself and I will be enjoying a few traditional ball park foods: hot dogs, peanuts, and beer. I'm also making potato salad, we'll have Bush(league) baked beans, and there is a bit of coleslaw left from a few days ago.

Is your dinner a home run or a strike-out?

Flatbread with cumin-spiced sauteed chicken strips, roasted red bell pepper, spinach, and a garlic Alfredo sauce.

Going to play chicken with my new friend, gochujang. Think I'll marinate breast strips. I can't find my frozen ginger root. It's either in the bottomless beast downstairs or in my neighbor's freezer next door that we're borrowing since DH pulled the drawer door off our one upstairs.

Asparagus and hollandaise to go with it.

We just came from the dentist. DH has a broken tooth with a bit of an abscess. The dentist will remove it Thursday, after the swelling has gone down. In the meantime, DH needs soft food, so I'm defrosting a container of pork ragu I made a couple weeks ago. Will serve it over tagliatelle with sautéed asparagus and red and yellow bell peppers.

Our flatbread as above.
picture.php

Hot dogs for opening day sounds good, but I don't have any, or particularly feel like going to the store.

So, leftover black beans from last night's tacos, over rice. Good ole' rice and beans.

Go Rangers!

CD

I finally tried the zucchini (as noodles) lasagna again! All 9 fingers intact and the one is still only missing its tip! :angel:

The lasagna, which is low-fat, gluten-free, low carb and tomato free, is actually tasty. I tried a little when I took the cover off for the last browning of the cheese. It is resting right now while TB takes Violet for a walk. I love we are back to dayshift Mondays where I can make an actual dinner at dinner time!

I will try to get pictures.

I finally tried the zucchini (as noodles) lasagna again! All 9 fingers intact and the one is still only missing its tip! :angel:

The lasagna, which is low-fat, gluten-free, low carb and tomato free, is actually tasty. I tried a little when I took the cover off for the last browning of the cheese. It is resting right now while TB takes Violet for a walk. I love we are back to dayshift Mondays where I can make an actual dinner at dinner time!

I will try to get pictures.

I take your word for it that it is tasty, but I'm having some trouble wrapping my head around the concept of low-fat, gluten-free, low carb and tomato free lasagna. :unsure: :D

CD

I'm on vacation so we ate out. I had the fresh flounder and shrimp basket with french fries and a salad. My dad had she-crab soup, fried oysters and salad. Stuffed us both!

This hit the spot, and there are plenty of leftovers for the next couple of days. :clap:I might have a scoop of the black bean salad with a fried egg tomorrow morning. :yum:

img_1505838_0_31401fe4610a0cba7df3c293cb5072a0.jpg

The chili rellenos casserole looks good, but can you explain it a little? I'm not quite sure what it is.

CD

Made my 1st cauliflower crust pizza today. It may be my last ! Nothing like the real thing.

img_1505846_0_6ff9e1753d2913b96bc98277a29dd66e.jpg

Heh. I totally understand, S&P. Sure looks purdy though.

Oh, Cheryl, that looks wonderful! :yum:

I don't understand why I can't see medtran's pics. I just get a little gray square with a broken link.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom