Dinner Monday, 4-3-2017 ~ Play Ball!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The chili rellenos casserole looks good, but can you explain it a little? I'm not quite sure what it is.

CD

I posted the link that Kayelle started regarding Chiles Rellenos Casserole in response to your recent chiles rellenos post in the daily dinner thread a few days ago, but here it is again. :) She posted a wonderful looking full dish pic.

http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f21/goooood-chili-relleno-casserole-74641.html

It's a wonderful casserole - main ingredients are roasted chiles and cheese, but it also needs eggs, milk and flour to bind it together. There are variations, of course.

Last edited:
I take your word for it that it is tasty, but I'm having some trouble wrapping my head around the concept of low-fat, gluten-free, low carb and tomato free lasagna. :unsure: :D

CD

Yeah, me, too :ermm: This needs a different name ;)

Well, I think I have given it a new name - Zucchini Soup!

The recipe I had called for zucchini as the noodles and marinara for the sauce. I subbed Alfredo for the sauce with ground turkey instead of beef. I baked the moisture out of the zucchini and made sure the Alfredo wasn't too thin but it was so runny - I guess just too many items with moisture (zucchini, mushrooms, ricotta, alfredo). The flavour was excellent, though.

Back to the drawing board. Trying to come up with meals we can both enjoy is proving to be a challenge, but I like challenges. In the meantime, tomorrow I will have my chicken Caesar with avocado and TB will have chicken wings and oven fries! Maybe two meals is easier! :wacko:

I posted the link that Kayelle started regarding Chiles Rellenos Casserole in response to your recent chiles rellenos post in the daily dinner thread a few days ago, but here it is again. :) She posted a wonderful looking full dish pic.

http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f21/goooood-chili-relleno-casserole-74641.html

It's a wonderful casserole - main ingredients are roasted chiles and cheese, but it also needs eggs, milk and flour to bind it together. There are variations, of course.

I missed it before. Thanks for the repost.

CD

The recipe I had called for zucchini as the noodles and marinara for the sauce. I subbed Alfredo for the sauce with ground turkey instead of beef. I baked the moisture out of the zucchini and made sure the Alfredo wasn't too thin but it was so runny - I guess just too many items with moisture (zucchini, mushrooms, ricotta, alfredo). The flavour was excellent, though.

Back to the drawing board. Trying to come up with meals we can both enjoy is proving to be a challenge, but I like challenges. In the meantime, tomorrow I will have my chicken Caesar with avocado and TB will have chicken wings and oven fries! Maybe two meals is easier! :wacko:

At least it tasted good. Not all food experiments do. I'm sure you know how I know that. :ermm:

CD

We just came from the dentist. DH has a broken tooth with a bit of an abscess. The dentist will remove it Thursday, after the swelling has gone down. In the meantime, DH needs soft food, so I'm defrosting a container of pork ragu I made a couple weeks ago. Will serve it over tagliatelle with sautéed asparagus and red and yellow bell peppers.

UGH! Been there, not all that long ago. No bueno. :( Sure hope your DH feels better very soon, GG.

Well, it does sound tasty and it meets your needs, so that's great! [emoji2]

We just came from the dentist. DH has a broken tooth with a bit of an abscess. The dentist will remove it Thursday, after the swelling has gone down. In the meantime, DH needs soft food, so I'm defrosting a container of pork ragu I made a couple weeks ago. Will serve it over tagliatelle with sautéed asparagus and red and yellow bell peppers.
So yummy :yum:
0403171951c_HDR.jpg

We ran out of room for pics here so have been using different photo hosting. However, regardless of what device we use, PC, android on cell and tablet, Apple, the pics show up for us so not sure why you guys can't see them.

Rock, your carbonara rocks! One of my favourite pastas!

Here is our dinner. It did look like lasagna before it was cut!

Attachments

• ZucchiniLasagna.jpg
    ZucchiniLasagna.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 94
Good looking dinner, med. FWIW, I couldn't see the previous photos you "claimed" to have posted earlier either. :ermm: Just kidding! :LOL: I believe you posted them.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom