Dinner Monday 6-29-2020 ~ National Camera Day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
That's right, cameras get a "National Day". Take a photo of your dinner and post it...or not.

At this moment, our dinner is "I haven't a clue". I'm planning on sending Himself out to grill steaks - Market Basket had chuck eye round on sale for only $3.99 a pound. Weather will determine if he can grill today, we'll hold off till tomorrow, or I cook them inside today. Right now a second round of yesterday's sub sandwiches are possible.

I hope your dinner plans are better than mine! :LOL: What are they?

From the Freezer, Pulled Pork BBQ, served over Buttered White Rice, SoS...

Pork BBQ, Shredded, over White Rice.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry, just saw the photo request, dinner is long gone..Kroger's has been getting some down right good corn on the cob, so we start out with an ear, steamed, buttered and salted, sauteed pea pods from the garden and a freezer offering of red chile pork tamales. I need to check the supply of tamales in the freezer. The door to door salespeople and makers of the tamales have not been here since March.

And another thing, LOL, I have lost my ability to move photos from my iPhone 6s to my desktop. A month ago I managed to freeze up my phone and called in the local iPhone expert who unfroze it , but he couldn't restore the photo transfer maneuver. I guess I need to get my computer guy to do that, but he is not going into peoples homes right now.

We dithered and delayed and debated and decided that neither of us was all that interested in food. We ended up with tuna melts and fruit salad. Kitty looks interested...IMG_20200629_213006660.jpg

I made frikadeller. This time I just browned them in the frying pan and finished the whole batch in the toaster oven. That is my new go to way to cook them. They turned out really good and it was less work for me. I served them with boiled potatoes, pan gravy, the last of the Danish red cabbage, and some corn niblets with butter. No photos, since I'm still having phone charging issues.

Chicken Marsala with linguini. I doubled the sauce recipe as last time we didn't have enough. The chicken gets pan sauteed then covered with a slice of motz, some rinsed capers and a filet of anchovy which is drained and patted dry.

36788-albums1093-picture8330-jpg.42717

Despite the hot weather outside, indoors its comfortable so, we gave in to a craving for beef/bean stew.. I made skillet corn bread to go with it..

Brownies and milk later with Netflix..

As to photos, I gave up months ago.. After purchasing new laptops with Windows 10, I have been unable to load photos to DC without them being upside down. I've tried all tips about rotating, etc., to no avail. :neutral:

I can upload to all other social media and blogs but, not to DC. :ermm:

Ross

Fired up the grill and made BBQ pork chops, grilled green and yellow beans, baked potato. The beans are from my garden. [emoji3]20200629_182801.jpg

Beth, can you email your photos from your phone to yourself? I've been known to do that.

Yes I can and do. By history I have taken thousands of photographs. So my new problem has severely limited my saving photos to my computer. But like so many changes in my recent life, I'm not going to try to do anything about it. I have gone back to some serious sewing on my mechanical sewing machine. It has replaced my computerized machine.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom