Dinner monday, 8/28?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Left-over bbq (sort of anyway - I had to make it in my pressure cooker - it's not that good because it's not smoked - if I would just call it a pork roast it would be ok :rolleyes: ) and German potato salad. It's actually way too heavy a meal for thhis time of year but what can I say - that's what I fixed :chef:

Just waiting for the Chipotle Chicken to finish cooking...
serving with roasted potatoes, haricots vert, carrots and mushrooms.
One of our favorite meals.

tonight it's prosciutto and fontina pannini's on foccacia with focaccia brushed on the inside with evoo then, a light brush of mayo with some mashed avocado I'm putting in some arugala and a slice or two of red onion ..Some french onion soup and sliced peaches and cream.

kadesma:)

There's a lot of meatloaf walkin around tonight.

I was planning on making kadesma's lemon chicken and potatoes tonight but I just didn't have it in me. Didn't even get to the store the last couple days to shop for it. Still getting over being sick, so we had an easy dinner of caprese pasta. I attack kadesma's recipe Wed or Thurs!

i'm getting closer.

i made the elusive marinated pork chop recipe that i've mentioned before. i've almost got it. the marinade consisted of:

1 head of garlic, smashed and roughly chopped
10 bay leaves
1 cup water
2 tsps sea salt
2 tbsps brown sugar
2 cloves
4 allspice berries
1+ shot sweet sherry
1+ shot gosling's black seal rum

everything is brought to a boil and the alcohol flamed off.

i'm so close. it had most of the savory depth of flavor that i remember, but it wasn't sweet enough, or garlicy enough.
i'm thinking of using white sugar next time, or maybe honey. and i might use 2 heads of toasted garlic.

SizzlininIN said:
Hey Rickell! No I haven't. I have a recipe somewhere for a Sicilian Meatloaf that has cheese and prochiutto in the center. It looked so good but I can't find that kind of meat around here. Someday I may run across it again and substitute that type of meat for something else......I know they say use canadian bacon if you can't find prochiutto.
DIDN'T TRY IT LAST NIGHT BUT I WANT TO. I WANTED TO MAKE SURE
THE KIDS WOULD EAT NOT SURE IF THEY WOULD LIKE THE CHEESE RECIPE.

MADE GOOD OL MEATLOAF THEY ATE IT UP.

Frankly, I want to forget yesterday like a bad dream. Between my old Husky with the "runs" & a colicy horse, I spent the entire day walking one or the other in our wonderful 95-96-degree heat. By the time husband arrived home at 7 p.m., I was still walking & quite ready to collapse.

So - dinner consisted of a boiling pot full of our favorite chicken-vegetable "potsticker" dumplings with spicy dipping sauce & a Ginger/Sesame dressed green salad.

You people are making me hungry for meat loaf. May have to make some Thur or Friday. Last night the 28th we had Warm Green Bean and Tommy Toe Salad with yellow tomatoes just picked from my Aunts vines, buttermilk mashed potatoes and pork butt baked with a smear of my son's homemade Jack Daniels BBQ sauce (yummy!) and some warmed up Spoon Rolls I baked the other night.

Back
Top Bottom