Dinner monday, 8/28?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well.. if the eggplant didn't go bad over the weekend I'm finally going to make the Imam Baildi.

If it's gone south... we'll have chicken... what's on page 96?

I hope he starts soon... I'm starving....
I would have made something already, but he wants his beef... *sigh*

I have some braised broccoli and German potato salad that need to be used up. There are also two burgers left from last Tuesday, and 2 chopped steaks left from last Monday. I'm a little leary about those...they're probably OK, but what if they're not? :sick:
I may just cook up some salmon patties.

We had meatloaf last night, BBQ chicken the night before, and grilled salmon the night before that, so tonight it's a quick one-bowl vegetarian meal, sort of an Asian-Italian fusion thing from the May 1993 issue of Gourmet Magazine called "Rotelle with Broccoli & Spicy Peanut Sauce," with a nice spicy Gewurztraminer to wash it down.

SizzlininIN said:
Meatloaf here too. I again don't follow a recipe but just throw the ingredients in. This time I'm going to take the time and write down what all I use and what amounts. Reason being is I'll get the recipe perfect 1 out of 3 times I make it.

Along with the meatloaf we'll have sour cream & chive mashed pototes, green beans with potatoes, onions and bacon. Oh and freshly sliced garden tomatoes.
HAVE YOU EVER TRIED MEATLOAF ROLL WITH THE HAM IN THE MIDDLIE AND
CHEESE? I HAVE BEEN LOOKING AT PREVIOUS RECIPES, I REALLY LIKE
THE TOMATOE PASTE ON THE TOP BUT WAS JUST WONDERING IF YOU HAVE
TRIED THE ROLL UP. SOUNDS GOOD

it's official...no dinner tonight:(. Finally got back home from dropping my daughter at college...what a production that was! We took her to a late lunch and I'm just miserable enough to know I'll not be hungry again today.:sleep:tomorrow will be much better....

I'm still just feeding myself, so I will eat some more of the acre of risotto I made yesterday. I might fry up an Italian sausage to go with it.

My other option is to flake a can of tuna into some jarred sun-dried tomato Alfredo sauce over pasta.

But I bought a nice fresh pineapple yesterday that I chunked up. I will pour some caramel sauce over a few chunks for dessert tonight.

rickell said:
HAVE YOU EVER TRIED MEATLOAF ROLL WITH THE HAM IN THE MIDDLIE AND
CHEESE? I HAVE BEEN LOOKING AT PREVIOUS RECIPES, I REALLY LIKE
THE TOMATOE PASTE ON THE TOP BUT WAS JUST WONDERING IF YOU HAVE
TRIED THE ROLL UP. SOUNDS GOOD

Hey Rickell! No I haven't. I have a recipe somewhere for a Sicilian Meatloaf that has cheese and prochiutto in the center. It looked so good but I can't find that kind of meat around here. Someday I may run across it again and substitute that type of meat for something else......I know they say use canadian bacon if you can't find prochiutto.

Half Baked said:
Chicken something...that's all I can come up with right now. I hope some others are making chickie so I can steal their ideas. :LOL:
I have to say what I did the other day.:ROFLMAO: Gad I hope I didn't already post it here.:wacko: I took 2 pks of boneless skinless chix thighs. melted a stick of butter, seasoned them both sides with spog..........baked them uncovered in the oven @ 325 1 hr. in the butter. then, took it out of oven, made a sauce of hot sauce/mango pancake syrup, = parts, mixed in butter and poured over chix and baked for another 15 minutes. Oh my goodness, WONDERFUL~!~:ROFLMAO: had to share cause who would ever come up with that concoction?:huh:

the other night when I wanted the recipe for pork chops, although I basted them, and made the noodles for the mac/cheese, hubby called and said he wanted to meet me at our favo Methican restaurant for margies and dinneau. I froze everything and went. I'm home now, yeah!.........so the mac/cheese is on again tonight as are the pc....spinach cause I'm hungering for greenery and salad, same reason. I have raspberries, so I'll do a viniagarette out of them with evoo and must, s&p.
Enjoy your dinner, whatever it may be.......

I had a bunch of tomatoes from the garden so I roasted them. Yesterday the batch I made came out perfect, today nearly half of them burned. The only thing I did differently was use canolla instead of olive oil. The olive oil version was great, but for some reason the canolla burned quicker. Anyway, I was able to salvage half the roasted tomatoes, but it was more of a paste so I marinated some shrimp and threw them on kabobs and broiled them. They were great! A mistake that turned out fantastic :ROFLMAO: oh and I had that over angel hair pasta with parm and herbs.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom