Dinner Monday August 24?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
CG, that looks scrumptious.

I had smoked salmon on a toasted bagel with cream cheese, sliced red onion, and capers. This time I remembered to put the salmon the first try.

Mmmm, I love panzanella salad :yum: Looks delish!
CG, that looks scrumptious...
Thank you, ladies! I've never made it before, although I've know about it for a few years. I was surprised that Himself loved it so much there is nothing left! As you can see, that is one honkin'-big bowl! Since it's mostly veggies, no harm. I'm now thinking the Martha Stewart Peach Panzanella recipe I saw recently would make a lovely side for grilled pork chops or chicken. I'd probably go easy on that onion or maybe use shallot, and swap the Tuscan-style bread out with either Challah or Brioche.

This is DH's birthday and he has not requested an easy meal. Fried chicken (have never made this before, thighs are currently resting in some buttermilk), mashed potatoes (dug the potatoes this morning), gravy (bought a dry gravy mix), corn (frozen) and German Chocolate cake (my second for him so I was mentally prepared for the lengthy prep). The 3 layers of cake are in the oven and it is almost noon.

What's happening at your place?

Yep, I live in Taos. It truly is a unique environment, impossible to explain. You must visit!

Here is happy DH about to make a significant dent in the cake.

Attachments

• DSCN3911 (2).jpg
    DSCN3911 (2).jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 146
Back
Top Bottom