Dinner Monday Nov. 20th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SizzlininIN

Master Chef
Can't believe no ones started this yet.......ok here's what I'm making

Salmon Patties
Beer Battered Onion Rings
Cole Slaw

Dinner, Monday Nov. 20?

I'm keeping things simple and light this week, leading up to Turkey Day! Tonight we're having chicken tacos with salsa, avocado, roasted peppers and sour cream. We're also trying to lay off desserts until Thursday, a toughie since we finally cleaned up all the birthday cake that's been around here for the last week!:pig: I'm missing my sugar fixes!:( :ROFLMAO:

If Ken remembered to take it out we are having a lovely pork loin roast. It will be lightly seasoned with garlic and coarse salt and pepper. There will be a caesar salad with tons of garlic, and I guess I will have to do some oven roast potatoes. (Does anyone else get sick to death of spuds?) The veggie of the day is yet to be named. I have a butternut squash I could try out and torture the kids with, or I have yellow beans, green beans, broccoli, corn and carrots. Decisions decisions.

Since I made a triple batch of my meat sauce for ravioli and pasta, we are having some linguine with meat sauce, a roasted chicken and some garlic bread..Then I have to get busy and make two mincemeat pies for an eldery fellow who use to deliver meds for us. I want to surprise him with the pies as he thinks since I retired I won't make him his usual treat. I started doing this about 4 years ago when his wife refused to make it for him, because she was to busy doing the deserts her kids liked,so I have been making them for him and I make two as she is willing to eat the stuff, but she darn well isn't going to make any:LOL:

kadesma

Alix said:
If Ken remembered to take it out we are having a lovely pork loin roast.

You mean..."If a certain cat hasn't found it and isn't regurgitating it on the living room rug" we'll be having a lovely pork loin roast. :)

Alix said:
If Ken remembered to take it out we are having a lovely pork loin roast. It will be lightly seasoned with garlic and coarse salt and pepper. There will be a caesar salad with tons of garlic, and I guess I will have to do some oven roast potatoes. (Does anyone else get sick to death of spuds?) The veggie of the day is yet to be named. I have a butternut squash I could try out and torture the kids with, or I have yellow beans, green beans, broccoli, corn and carrots. Decisions decisions.
Alix,
ditto the spuds, that's why we are having pasta tonight:LOL: Anyway, how about garlic parm noodles, or orzo,just an easy simple rice dish..?
Sometimes I just serve some what I call fried apples with my pork roast, have a nice salad and some biscuits or rolls, my DH loves the apples with the pork.

kadesma

I was overzealous at the produce stand and bought too many peppers and too much eggplant, so we are having a very unusual dinner. Stuffed peppers AND eggplant parmesan - not a lot of either and salad. I wish I could do better.

I'm not sure what I'm going to cook tonight. I need to go inventory what's in the frige and make a plan. I might make something with a double-batch of cornbread for the side, so I can have extra cornbread ready to go for T-day later this week.

Editted to add:

Ok, I pulled some hamburger and ground venison out of the freezer. I'll do some chili tonight, along with a double-batch of cornbread. Dinner ought to be GOOD!

Last edited:
I tried a new recipe last night - vodka cream lasagne - very VERY good - I will post recipe - anyways, the other half of that pan heated up with a nice glass of red wine!

A tweak to Thanksgiving dinner....chicken wings, mashed potatoes, steamed broccoli spears, stuffing and cranberries and cornbread made with creamed corn.

Pizza Pie

Ground beef, onions, and green pepper that has been simmered in Ragu spaghetti sauce so that there is not too much juice left.

Line pan with biscuits and make layers of parmesan cheese, mozzarela, and beef.

I went to a fundraiser dinner/Monday Night Football in the town where my brother lives. They are raising money for their town Christmas tree. For dinner they served venison chili, marinated elk skewers, prime rib sandwiches, salad, and brownies all for $5.00.

Ken said:
You mean..."If a certain cat hasn't found it and isn't regurgitating it on the living room rug" we'll be having a lovely pork loin roast. :)

:sick: ewwwwwwwwwwwww pork ala hairball..........:sick:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom