Dinner, Monday, Nov. 27th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We are having baked ziti tonight and an apple pie. I made the pie last night. And I just finished the last of the turkey tettrazini for lunch - hooray!

Well, I have to work tonight, so I'll probably eat at work. PeppA pulled out a beef eye or round roast to thaw, so I'd bet we're having roast beef for dinner tonight.

I'm going to make a creamy shrimp sauce to go over some angel-hair pasta and have a tossed salad on the side tonight.

I'm in the mood for comfort food so
I think I'll make some porkchops in mushroom sauce ( yes, soup from a can!)
and pour it all over mashed potatoes. I'm out of fresh veggies and since I don't/won't drive in the snow I'll open a can of mushy green beans. It'll be a dinner just like mom used to make.

Tonight we're having baked ham (sorry if y'all are tired of it :-p but we didn't have any), scalloped potatos, salad, green beans and homemade rolls.

Still have this Blankity Blank cold! (blah)
Maybe I'll fry up some extra hot Buffalo wings. At least I might be able to taste them.....:mad:

Wow! I guess we're all back to cooking dinner after that long holiday. I'm making a chicken and potato cassoulet with mushrooms, pearl onions, bacon and rosemary. Just some rolls with butter on the side.

I am going to make myself a fresh fruit salad, broil a chicken and have some type of vegetable. No dessert because I am watching my calories.

buckytom said:
care to share your apple pie recipe, vb?

dw made a coupla blue ribbon pies for toikey day, but i have 2 extra crusts (bought the wrong kind :( ) that i'd love to make my own pie.

I use a dozen apples, almost always a mix of different apple types. 1 cup of packed brown sugar, 1/3 cup flour, 2T cinnamon, zest of a lemon, and a nice dash of brandy. A very nice dash of brandy. Toss it together, and put it into the bottom crust, dot with butter, and cover with the top crust. When you smell sugar burning on the bottom of the oven, it's usually done.:-p

I have a few slices left over...want one? We're both up at the same time, anyway..and I get the idea you pass by here on your way to work....

I just finished roast beef in a beef gravy, with potatoes and carrots that were cooked in the same pot as the roast.

Go figure. I haven't had a "tip" since I can't remember when (I own my own business, so no big surprise), and in the last two weeks, two customers have brought ribs for a tip. No complaints, though! :pig: The scallops will be lunch, I guess.

We had breakfast for dinner tonight. Scrambled eggs, country ham, homemade biscuits, and fried apples with dried cranberries.

VeraBlue said:
I use a dozen apples, almost always a mix of different apple types. 1 cup of packed brown sugar, 1/3 cup flour, 2T cinnamon, zest of a lemon, and a nice dash of brandy. A very nice dash of brandy. Toss it together, and put it into the bottom crust, dot with butter, and cover with the top crust. When you smell sugar burning on the bottom of the oven, it's usually done.:-p

I have a few slices left over...want one? We're both up at the same time, anyway..and I get the idea you pass by here on your way to work....

lol, i was tempted to seek you out just to see the neighbor's christmas display.

thanks for the recipe. i think dw used to reconstitute raisins in brandy before adding both to the pie.

we are going to have to hook up sometime, maybe around the holidays. i promise not to wear a giant's or devil's jersey. :angel:

btw, did you know when you buy a jersey from a team from new jersey, it's a new new jersey jersey. :)
sort of like having an account in the red bank branch of the long branch bank. or is that the long branch branch of the red bank bank?

(lol, sorry everyone, just a few joisey jokes)

Boufa06, I'm sure I must have been Greek in another life. Everytime you list what you're having tonight, I get these "I want that" cravings.

Snoop Puss said:
Boufa06, I'm sure I must have been Greek in another life. Everytime you list what you're having tonight, I get these "I want that" cravings.
Small world indeed! My DH keeps telling me that I must have been a Greek in a previous life.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom