Dinner Nov/2/06

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Opiñanita said:
Tonight's our order out night. So I just called and ordered indian food from what I think is the best place in Park Slope. I ordered saag panir, malai koftas, garlic nan and ka-chori as an appetizer. I'm excited because I thought this restaurant was too far from us for delivery but tonight I thought I'd take a chance and see if they'd deliver to us. They said yes. Maybe I'll tip the delivery guy a bit extra for the trip.

You are so lucky to have and Indian restaurant that delivers, Wow! I have to drive 25 miles to the nearest Indian restaurant and forget about delivery. Living in the country is great, but has its drawbacks too...like when I have a craving for ka-chori at 9 o'clock at night!

I brined pork chops all day, and improvised and baked them in a sauce made out of cream of chicken, sour cream milk and flour. Turned out well. Along with green and yellow beans and rice. Topped off with a christmas ale. Oh yeah, I already mentioned that in the snack thread. I might go post it in the drinking thread too. kidding. :-p

Leftover porterhouse, tamari seasoned basmati rice w/ onions and frozen peas. Not brilliant, but it keeps body and soul together, at least for today.

Flourgirl said:
You are so lucky to have and Indian restaurant that delivers, Wow! I have to drive 25 miles to the nearest Indian restaurant and forget about delivery. Living in the country is great, but has its drawbacks too...like when I have a craving for ka-chori at 9 o'clock at night!

We are really lucky to have an indian restaurant that delivers to our door. And so many other kinds of food too, (pretty much anything we want). But living in the city does have it disadvantages. Both my fiance and I miss living in the country. Being in New York can be so challenging at times. We kind of figured we will live in NY for a few more years and then move away from the city. Hopefully somewhere near my sister, where there's a little more space and probably where the only thing we can delivered to our door is Domino's pizza.

Since my non-red-meat-eating husband had an ice hockey game to play last night, It was a "red meat night" for me (yay me - lol!!).

I took out my big cast-iron pan & threw in a skirt steak - lightly sprinkled with grill seasoning - for 4 minutes per side, then deglazed the pan with some red burgundy wine & whisked in some cold butter until it all emulsified into a nice pan sauce. Served with a baked potatoe on the side.

I was really pleased with the impromptu sauce, as except for marinades, I've never really enjoyed sauces on steak.

Back
Top Bottom