Dinner, November 1st, 2007

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

buckytom

Chef Extraordinaire
i have to finish trimming the apple tree and get the branches bundled for the garbage, so i'm not sure if i'll have time to cook.

i have another load of tomatoes and peppers to be made into salsa or sugo, and if i can make today 25 hours, i'll get around to making sausage and peppers for lunch tomorrow.

whatcha cookin' tonight?

I already had my dinner. I had Youvarlakia, some olives, feta cheese and a small tomato.. Youvarlakia (little barrels) are meatballs studded with rice. The traditional recipe calls for ground beef, minced onion,finely chopped parsley and rice. After mixing all that up you form small meatballs dredge them in flour and then add them to lightly salted boiling water. When the water returns to the boil, add diced potatoes and let the pot simmer for 45 minute to 1 hour.Then in a small bowl beat egg yolks with some lemon juice, temper the mixture and add to the potwhich has been removed from the heat. Return to heat for a minute or two without letting the soup come to a boil. And voila !!!

Tonight's gonna be breaded fried pork chops, pork & beans (made with the pork shoulder that I smoked the other day), fried potatoes w/peppers and onions and I'll heat up a can of corn, (GF's request).

I had some ground beef I needed to cook so I made a large pot of chili. I'm not sure if anyone is up for eating it yet, but I can always freeze it for another day and make another round of "sick food" for tonight.

With the weather getting colder, I've gotten back into soups. Tonight is corn and roasted red pepper soup with grilled cheese sandwiches.

Ziti and fresh tomato sauce from the garden that I had in the freezer. Of course the sauce was cooked with fresh herbs and spices along with parmesan cheese, and some chicken added to the sauce for extra umph!

Ziti and fresh tomato sauce from the garden that I had in the freezer. Of course the sauce was cooked with fresh herbs and spices along with parmesan cheese, and some chicken added to the sauce for extra umph!

Wow, that's awesome, amber. How'd you get the garden to fit in the freezer?:rolleyes:

I'm sorry, I just couldn't resist. I play with words a large part of the day and those just jumped out at me.

Your meal sounds delish, by the way.

fixed some angel hair pasta and topped it with nice large shrimp in a white wine,butter,garlic and parsley sauce...Hot rolls,green salad with apples and toasted walnuts and some more roasted brussel sprouts..cookies for dessert

kadesma:)

I had a scotch fillet cooked with garlic and Tasmanian pepper leaf, with stir-fried broccolli and baby pak choy in oyster sauce with a baked potato in its jacket topped with butter and mozzarella.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom