Dinner plans for the 10th of December, Monday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LEFSElover

Executive Chef
Repurposing chicken. I froze the leftovers. The freezer contains both filo dough and puff pastry, so a chicken pot pie will be our dinner.
On the way home yesterday, I bought another brociflower (?) that'll get baked/roasted with olive oil tonight for me. It's time for a salad again so we'll have the toms in the yard that are left along with mozzarella slices and the little basil that is quickly dying off in the front yard and turning black on the edges.
I just now, this minute, made the hokey pokey for work, but did a small batch so I could see if I like the plain honey/sugar/baking powder version sans the chocolate chips. It is heaven, the lightest version yet. Today I'll make more for work on Thursday. Gingerbread cake with that caramel/chocolate sauce I made drizzled over it for dessert.

What is anyone else making? Good Monday to you all and enjoy your week...

Sounds like chicken night everywhere!
Last day with no oven (yay!)
Beer can chicken on the grill.
Mashed taters & gravy
Broccoli

Shrimp Scampi, with angel hair pasta (of course) lemon zest, olive oil, a few red pepper flakes, cilantro. touch of garlic, sundried tomatoes and kosher salt. Broccoli on the side. Everything blended very well and the shrimp picked up the lemon zest well (they were leftovers). I squeezed lemon on them before I incorporated. The cheese was a blend of romano and parmesan cheeses. The romano was not overbearing it was quite good. The olive oil brought out all the flavor.

I stopped off at Ralph's (supermarket). Really like their store. They have two salad bars -- one w reg salad fixin's, and the other w prepared cold salads (pasta etc.). Then, there's a section of bbqed chickens all lined up. Then there's a Deli. So, I picked up a few things to munch on. :pig::angel:

One is a cold wonton salad w peanuts in a spicy peanut sauce. (I asked, is it very spicey? She gave me a taste. I rolled my eyes & made little Mmmm Mmmm sounds & said, okay, I'll take 3/4 lb of that. :LOL: A few cold salads (shrimp & pasta etc), crab cakes, zuchinni cakes, bbq'ed chicken, & (gasp) their potato wedges, (my weakness). So, I put it all in the fridge to munch on - for little meals.

I'm cheating... and being lazy... frozen pizza for us tonight... I'll add mushrooms, cheese and tomatoes.

Back
Top Bottom