Dinner Sat. 03/13/10

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PattY1

Washing Up
Rainy nasty weekend here. I am making Cabbage Vegetable Soup and am having a Pork Burger to go with.

A taste of Bourbon...A few Fwied Ersters..A Catfish filet or two, or three...Hush-puppies...etc.
Chocolate Ice Cream and a couple of Thin Mints..........

I made 3 doz meatballs this afternoon so we had meatballs, mashed potatoes, gravy, and yellow beans. I'll have some mint chocolate chip ice cream later tonight.

I took the boy to the doctor today then hit the pharmacy for his drugs and the grocery store. I picked up a pizza that I'll bake in just a few minutes. The store makes them to bake at home and they are pretty good.

we are having spaghetti, corn, garlic bread (made with fresh baked bread and a garlic butter i made earlier using roasted garlic and butter.

for dessert cheese cake brownies in the oven now. making me hungry with all the good smells.

It's a little cool today (low 70s), so a good day to enjoy soup. Vegetable beef simmering on the stove, full of vegetables. Every week, Ricardo our vegetable guy brings me a big bag of chopped vegetables that include carrots, green beans, zucchini, cabbage, chayote, nopal and corn. Added some onions, garlic and celery to that, as well as tomatoes. It smells wonderful and now I'm off to bake some biscuits to go with it.

I braised some beef back ribs in some beef stock, carrots, onions and New Mexico chiles at 220 for 4 1/2 hrs. I cooled the ribs in the stock, then I boiled some potatoes for mashing. I sauteed some onion, mushroom and red pepper to add to the mashed potatoes. While doing that I fired up the grill and tossed on the ribs with some sweet and spicy (KC style) BBQ sauce. I reduced the juices(minus most of the fat) for a sauce over the potatoes. Good dinner!

Oh yum, those ribs and potatoes sound good! Our soup was tasty, too - and the biscuits were high, light and fluffy. DH said they were even better than his mom used to make - high praise.

Curry Lime Chicken with brown rice and steamed asparagus. Chocolate Sour Cream Bundt Cake later for dessert.

Back
Top Bottom